Sonoff ZBMini-L Install

Daniel_1104

I just want to say i’m not an electrician and have tried to get a multiple electricians to install this but they don’t want to come out for a job this small. So I want to install it myself.

The concept of the installation I understand but some more fine details I need to ask about. My house wires use the older colour scheme for wiring in the UK(red live) and the new wire I have purchased is the new standard (Brown live), would there be any compatibility issues here?

Also I believe the wires are different gauges, so would that present an issue, I can’t cut the original wire as it’s too short?

I had a look at the light switch and it has Com and L1 written on it so i’m guessing Com brings the electric in and L1 goes to power the light? (This is needed for the Sonoff as it had L in and L out).

Finally the light switch i’m install on controls 2 different lights and has 2 buttons. I just need to install it on one of the 2 buttons. When I looked at the wiring, it had one live wire going into Com and 2 live wires coming out of the L1, one of the 2 wires went back into the wall which I assumed goes to the lights and the other connected to the 2nd button. I have no idea why if someone could help?

Any help would be great, iv attached a picture of the installation too.

C027C369-F917-4CD9-8C89-14B0A4A4E1B8.jpeg

Colour of the vire just implies what its for, so if you know which is which it doesn't matter at all..

53 minutes ago, Luka95 said:

Colour of the vire just implies what its for, so if you know which is which it doesn't matter at all..

Thank you

1 hour ago, Daniel_1104 said:

I just want to say i’m not an electrician and have tried to get a multiple electricians to install this but they don’t want to come out for a job this small. So I want to install it myself.

The concept of the installation I understand but some more fine details I need to ask about. My house wires use the older colour scheme for wiring in the UK(red live) and the new wire I have purchased is the new standard (Brown live), would there be any compatibility issues here?

Also I believe the wires are different gauges, so would that present an issue, I can’t cut the original wire as it’s too short?

I had a look at the light switch and it has Com and L1 written on it so i’m guessing Com brings the electric in and L1 goes to power the light? (This is needed for the Sonoff as it had L in and L out).

Finally the light switch i’m install on controls 2 different lights and has 2 buttons. I just need to install it on one of the 2 buttons. When I looked at the wiring, it had one live wire going into Com and 2 live wires coming out of the L1, one of the 2 wires went back into the wall which I assumed goes to the lights and the other connected to the 2nd button. I have no idea why if someone could help?

Any help would be great, iv attached a picture of the installation too.

C027C369-F917-4CD9-8C89-14B0A4A4E1B8.jpeg

I’d attached a video of what the switch looks like. As you can see there is a live wire going from Coms on 1 switch to the other. I have no idea what this means