Hackers to release Bitcoin laundering app: Dark Wallet

KakaoDj

Kitguru article

Indiegogo campaign (paid for with LEGITIMATE MONIES!!!1  :mellow:)

Regulate this, YEEEEEEEEAHH  B)

Governments around the world are trying to regulate the currency and some of Bitcoin’s more questionable users don’t want that to happen. That’s where Dark Wallet comes in, it’s a new app that will mask transactions by grouping multiple payments together as a single movement of funds. This app is not for everyone, ofcourse, it is mainly aimed at protecting the identities of users buying illegal goods and services with Bitcoins.

This can only contribute positively to the legality of cryptocurrencies...  :rolleyes:

“This is a way of using bitcoin that mocks every attempt to sprinkle it with regulation,” says Cody Wilson, one of Dark Wallet’s two 26-year-old organizers. “It’s a way to say to the government ‘You’ve set yourself up to regulate bitcoin. Regulate this.’” Wilson has also flat out admitted that this app is being made for illegal activity: “It’s just money laundering software.”

Screen-Shot-2014-04-28-at-10.33.27-PM.pn

I guess this is just gonna hurt bitcoins chances of ever becoming properly universal. Though i could just be thinking very cynically today.

I give this a week before it's taken down.

An another one opens up, it's a constant game of cat and mouse.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

i won't criticizes that he made this app, but its blatantly stupid to go and say out loud "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!" -__- 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

money laundering always existed in the bitcoin realm

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I'm glad to see things like this, though I don't agree with Cody Wilson's views on everything.

However, privacy is great and avoiding the government regulation in the US is enough of a reason to use Dark Wallet.

Follow me on Twitter!

Technology Journalist at TechnologyTell, NextPowerUp, and others. 

An another one opens up, it's a constant game of cat and mouse.

Ay, but way there be no standard me matey.

And no-one (there be exceptions ofc) will want to change every week.

This way bitcoin will be severally limited it will.

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93