Helpdesk Solutions

We moved to Jira from our own in-house solutions for our helpdesk ticketing system about 2.5 years ago and most of us within our department aren't happy with Jira. 
What helpdesk ticketing and project tracking systems are you using or would recommend? I recall Monday.com was a sponsor for LTT for a while, is that something we should look into as a candidate? 
Please provide the URL if there is already another discussion related to this topic that was recently active.

No experience with it, but heard ok things about Zendesk in the past (maybe no longer the case, idk at this point).

Place I'm at uses ServiceNow (seems ok, but not perfect), but it's a large organization and might not be financially viable for your company.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

1 hour ago, WildDagwood said:

No experience with it, but heard ok things about Zendesk in the past (maybe no longer the case, idk at this point).

Place I'm at uses ServiceNow (seems ok, but not perfect), but it's a large organization and might not be financially viable for your company.

For the price, I hope it's good. Zendesk is ~ $79 per agent per month. Our current solution is ~$21 per agent per month.

These are the current solutions I plan to evaluate with the approximate pricing.
Halo ITSM - $79
ZenDesk - $79
FreshDesk PRO OmniChannel (AI-powered) - $59
FreshDesk Growth OmniChannel (AI-powered) - $29
Zoho - $23
Jira STD - $21
Monday STD - $10
Monday  PRO - $16
OneDesk - $9
*Pricing is listed at per agent per month paid annually

We use Zendesk at the dealer I work for an no complaints. We are a European car dealership in the states, though, so we're not crunched for funds. Tickets are created in Slack for the whole company to see. 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

We use Zendesk at the dealer I work for an no complaints. We are a European car dealership in the states, though, so we're not crunched for funds. Tickets are created in Slack for the whole company to see. 

Now that's interesting. Are you publicly traded or something that you allow the entire organization to see all of your helpdesk tickets? 
Are you able to post internal comments that only your IT group can view?

5 minutes ago, Phenix51 said:

Now that's interesting. Are you publicly traded or something that you allow the entire organization to see all of your helpdesk tickets? 
Are you able to post internal comments that only your IT group can view?

All helpdesk tickets go through Slack. If someone DM's the IT people then the IT guys have to put the ticket into Zendesk which gets shown to all in the #helpdesk channel. We are not publicly-traded. We are a Porsche and Audi dealer with a separate service building for Audi and a building for each Audi and Porsche sales (Porsche building has service in the same building). Maybe 300 employees? Don't know off the top of my head. Yes, IT has their own channels to chat that others cannot view. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

7 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

All helpdesk tickets go through Slack. If someone DM's the IT people then the IT guys have to put the ticket into Zendesk which gets shown to all in the #helpdesk channel. We are not publicly-traded. We are a Porsche and Audi dealer with a separate service building for Audi and a building for each Audi and Porsche sales (Porsche building has service in the same building). Maybe 300 employees? Don't know off the top of my head. Yes, IT has their own channels to chat that others cannot view. 

300 employees and ya'll have an entire department for IT? Do your responsibilities overlap with the car's ECU or the tools the techs use to service vehicles? Apologies for digressing, years back I did technical work for an automotive retailer and a couple of the local Chevy dealerships in my area so I'm a bit curious. 

It is surprising to see that a small org of ~300 people would use a service as expensive as zendesk, but given the cars you're selling and servicing that fits. Thanks for your feedback regarding Zendesk.

On 10/27/2022 at 12:16 PM, Phenix51 said:

300 employees and ya'll have an entire department for IT? Do your responsibilities overlap with the car's ECU or the tools the techs use to service vehicles? Apologies for digressing, years back I did technical work for an automotive retailer and a couple of the local Chevy dealerships in my area so I'm a bit curious. 

It is surprising to see that a small org of ~300 people would use a service as expensive as zendesk, but given the cars you're selling and servicing that fits. Thanks for your feedback regarding Zendesk.

We do. We have two helpdesk folks and three or four off-site WfH guys that do backend stuff for our website, database, and remote network stuff. The IT department does not have any overlap with anything else. They do not sell or do customer support for clientele. We have a "tech liaison" to help customers with their Audi cars and another on the Porsche side to help with theirs. They're technically employed by sales but are salaried.

Trust me, we definitely need an IT department, and another person would be helpful. When you have that many employees you have numerous IP addresses that need subnetted and many helpdesk-type problems that get submitted every day. The dealer I came from before had maybe 50 employees (also a small Chevy dealer) and we eventually got to the point where me - the lot attendant who happened to have lots of tech knowledge - couldn't be the only guy supporting the operation and we eventually hired a local MSP. Then they got a taste of what actual help costs when they saw the bill for getting everybody set up with 2FA xD

Ticketing via Kaseya BMS: https://www.kaseya.com/products/bms/

We've integrated this with Kaseya IT Glue (https://www.itglue.com/), which is where we store all our client documentation.
Which is also connected to Kaseya VSA, which we use for remote access: https://www.kaseya.com/products/vsa/

The idea was to consolidate our services and enhance ticket processing.

Projects/tasks/lists etc: https://clickup.com/

We switched over from Wrike and haven't looked back.