Cherry MX keys

DarrenP

Okay, so i have a question. I have a Cooler Master Quickfire Ultimate.. I pulled one of the key caps off last night and notices that the actual keys were blue.. Although i could have swore that i bought a Cherry MX RED keyboard. Do they ever like make the keys different colours than the actual key type? I mean i just assumed they were red. I'm just wondering because if this is what blues feel like it's like typing with little to no resistance. I was looking at getting a blue keyboard for more resistance. As you may be able to tell i'm a peripheral noob. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I have never seen a keyboard with Cherry MX switches, where the switches wasn't the colour of the switch types, I.E. blue switches are blue, brown switches are brown ect. 

Are the switches on your keyboard linear in their feel, with no audible click?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I'm not too sure about resistance, but pressing keys doesn't take too much effort anyways. If you do have Cherry MX Blues and want more resistance, I would suggest the Cherry MX Greens but good luck finding them.

I have never seen a keyboard with Cherry MX switches, where the switches wasn't the colour of the switch types, I.E. blue switches are blue, brown switches are brown ect. 

Are the switches on your keyboard linear in their feel, with no click?

They make a very loud click when i type. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Green would be your hope, but they're hard to find. Good luck! :D

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Then you got blue switches. Red switches don't click. 

If you want more resistance then blues, you need to go with MX greens 

Hmmm... Alrighty than... I always thought i had reds. Had i known they were blues i wouldn't have bought the keyboard. I would have bought one with Blue LED's rather than RED... Damnit. 

Hmmm... Alrighty than... I always thought i had reds. Had i known they were blues i wouldn't have bought the keyboard. I would have bought one with Blue LED's rather than RED... Damnit. 

Guessing you got messed up between LED and switch colour or something, understandable in retrospect.

One of the few companies that regularly do MX green boards with more resistance is WASDkeyboards, you could give them a look.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Guessing you got messed up between LED and switch colour or something, understandable in retrospect.

One of the few companies that regularly do MX green boards with more resistance is WASDkeyboards, you could give them a look.

This was about 3-4 months after i got into computers. I didn't have the most knowledge on most of the stuff i do now. I just assumed. I've learned now not to. I'll look at them. Thanks. 

They make a very loud click when i type. 

Try to push down the key slowly and try not to bottom out the key. If you hear something like a "tick" then it is a blue switch. Otherwise, RMA.

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane

lol there was a drop on massdrop for that like a day ago...

also blues FTW y dont u like them?

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

lol there was a drop on massdrop for that like a day ago...

also blues FTW y dont u like them?

There's like no force required to bottom out the keys. 

There's like no force required to bottom out the keys. 

thats not a bad thing? its easy to press ;p

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

thats not a bad thing? its easy to press ;p

It is to me. I barely have to touch the key for it to bottom out which equals a lot of mistakes. 

It is to me. I barely have to touch the key for it to bottom out which equals a lot of mistakes. 

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7zZRQLWDWop3u0D3GJNNRgzgPr7Tllb5XPTBMHvpMHVIEe5mM then ;p

Yeah greens are less common because most people find them TOO heavy. Blues are the main 'heavy' switch. Keep an eye out for a sale or massdrop perhaps ;)

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.