No POST after enabling Resizable BAR

Hey everyone! First a bit of backstory...

See my signature below, I previously had these same specs, except a 10700K and a Aorus Z490 Ultra Gaming mobo. I had Resizable BAR enabled on that system and no problems.

Fast forward to now, I recently installed a 12700K alongside an AORUS Z690 Elite AX DDR4 motherboard. I can't get the darn thing to post with ReBAR enabled. I cleared CMOS, and made sure it was the ONLY setting I changed, and no post. So I am certain it is not some other issue causing instability. Without ReBAR enabled, everything works fine, any ideas? Although the benefit is marginal, I still would like to know what the issue may be and if it's fixable. Thanks for your time and expertise.

**EDIT** I have installed the latest BIOS version, F20b, for this mobo.

i7-12700K Cooled by Corsair H150i Elite Capellix | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | AORUS Z690 Elite DDR4 | 32GB (8GB x 4, 3200MHz) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM850 PSU | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Boot Drive

Just now, Eigenvektor said:

In case the board doesn't have the latest BIOS installed, updating it might be something to try.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z690-AORUS-ELITE-AX-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

I KNEW I was forgetting to mention something before posting this haha. Unfortunately I am on the latest BIOS F20b already, but thanks for the suggestion. 😞

i7-12700K Cooled by Corsair H150i Elite Capellix | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | AORUS Z690 Elite DDR4 | 32GB (8GB x 4, 3200MHz) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM850 PSU | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Boot Drive

11 minutes ago, Tacos4all said:

I KNEW I was forgetting to mention something before posting this haha. Unfortunately I am on the latest BIOS F20b already, but thanks for the suggestion. 😞

Ah, shame.

From what I could find, make sure "compatibility support module" (CSM) is disabled in the BIOS (which in turn requires your disk to use GPT rather than MBR).

https://forums.evga.com/Resizable-BAR-VBIOS-update-bricked-my-3080-FIXED-Disabled-CSM-in-mobo-bios-m3249222.aspx

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

15 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

Ah, shame.

From what I could find, make sure "compatibility support module" (CSM) is disabled in the BIOS (which in turn requires your disk to use GPT rather than MBR).

https://forums.evga.com/Resizable-BAR-VBIOS-update-bricked-my-3080-FIXED-Disabled-CSM-in-mobo-bios-m3249222.aspx

Thanks for another suggestion. CSM is in fact disabled as well and still no dice. 😕  I am awaiting approval to get into the GIGABYTE forums to try posing my question there as well. I'll also see if there is a VBIOS update available for my GPU. Maybe it being out of date was fine with my 3 y/o mobo, but not so much with a more modern one with an up to date BIOS itself.