Gpu Watts requirement 850, but I only have 650w

O_Bsnacks
Go to solution Solved by IkeaGnome,
2 minutes ago, O_Bsnacks said:

The reason it doesn’t fit is because I have a liquid cooler and the tubing gets in the way. I have a Corsair 275R (It’s a bad case, need a new one)

Assuming you're using a 280mm or 360mm aio and can't top mount your AIO, if the 319 doesn't fit it doesn't fit. Would 20mm make the difference though? It's a lot less of a difference than you might think. If you're America, it's about 3/4 inch. A person could use a piece of cardboard, make it the length of the red devil and make sure tubes would clear before you went through the process of returning the gpu for another that might not fit still. If the 20mm isn't enough of a difference then you know you need a much shorter card, new case, or different AIO with longer tubes. 

33 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

If the 319 is too long to fit in your case, but the red devil will, it would make sense to go with the red devil. There's only 20mm difference though. 

What case are you trying to fit this into?

AMD didn't have nearly as bad of transient spikes as Nvidia, and Nvidias were even largely solved with drivers (465.55). That PSU is tier A. I run my 6800 xt off a tier A SFF 600W Corsair with a 12900k. I'd be comfortable running your set up on the 650W. Worst case, you get shut downs and know you need the 850W. 

The reason it doesn’t fit is because I have a liquid cooler and the tubing gets in the way. I have a Corsair 275R (It’s a bad case, need a new one)

2 minutes ago, O_Bsnacks said:

Assuming you're using a 280mm or 360mm aio and can't top mount your AIO, if the 319 doesn't fit it doesn't fit. Would 20mm make the difference though? It's a lot less of a difference than you might think. If you're America, it's about 3/4 inch. A person could use a piece of cardboard, make it the length of the red devil and make sure tubes would clear before you went through the process of returning the gpu for another that might not fit still. If the 20mm isn't enough of a difference then you know you need a much shorter card, new case, or different AIO with longer tubes. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

42 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Thank you for the suggestions, I will try the cardboard method to see if it will fit so then instead of opening the box just to return it. 

4 hours ago, Motifator said:

That's not how things work. A basic motherboard like that does not pull 100W, and you don't add up everything on top of each other tops.

HDDs pull the most power when they're spinning up, this is why you have staggered spin-up on server HW. SSDs also need to get up to peak load, and they won't consume that much power either...

you need some nonsensical load of programs taxing each and every component to pull 500W with that PC, in the configuration you spoke about.

It is a maximum ESTIMATE the point is it should NEVER go over that.  I put that the MB estimate was way high.  My computer in the signature when I had the 3080 (at 320W) was always under 600W (usually under 550w) from the UPS reading no matter how hard I pushed it.  If I dragged the slider all the way up on the GPU and overclocked it did hit about 660W.  He has a much lower power usage CPU and slightly less GPU power usage.  Which ironically puts him close to the 500ish W maximum I calculated out.  I added 25% because I don't like going close to the maximum.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

4 hours ago, ewitte said:

It is a maximum ESTIMATE the point is it should NEVER go over that.  I put that the MB estimate was way high.  My computer in the signature when I had the 3080 (at 320W) was always under 600W (usually under 550w) from the UPS reading no matter how hard I pushed it.  If I dragged the slider all the way up on the GPU and overclocked it did hit about 660W.  He has a much lower power usage CPU and slightly less GPU power usage.  Which ironically puts him close to the 500ish W maximum I calculated out.  I added 25% because I don't like going close to the maximum.

Again, it doesn't work like that. A basic B550 board with base components will NEVER pull 100W, you're making things up and you're comparing different parts to each other. You're also talking about WALL power and not POWER POWER... get what I mean? UPS will show how much you're pulling from plug.

The real issue with Focus units is the transient tidbits, again, this PC will never pull above 500W with a stock, limited BIOS. The whole powers are dependent on HOW AGGRESSIVE THE GPU BIOS IS.

That is the thing.

18 hours ago, Motifator said:

Again, it doesn't work like that. A basic B550 board with base components will NEVER pull 100W, you're making things up and you're comparing different parts to each other

It is called OVERESTIMATION and ADDITION which DOES work like that.  

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

1 minute ago, ewitte said:

It is called overestimation and addition.  Addition DOES work like that.

Except realistically you're creating an unrealistic scenario that will NEVER HAPPEN, period.

You don't add up everything to the max. Say you have a dual GPU machine of Crossfire old day flavor, the second card will always be, in games - pulling less power. It will be loaded less, scaled less, taxed less... therefore pull less power. Up to 50W less easily. Seriously, go do your research before you come up with empty statements like this.