First Build Advice

Myxsticals

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello! I wanted to see if these parts picked would be good for streaming, video editing, gaming, and blender modeling.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4hZGwc

2 hours ago, fisterkev said:

Here's one with a significantly better GPU and a better PSU for a few bucks less:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nvtrLs

The included CPU cooler isn't fantastic but it does work.

You could still do way better than this for like $10 more:

Check this:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B550M-VC WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($72.97 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac GAMING Twin Edge OC GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB Video Card  ($341.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: GAMDIAS ATHENA M2 LITE MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Power Supply: Super Flower Legion GX Pro 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($57.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Total: $761.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-17 23:10 EDT-0400

The 5600g is pointless with a dgpu, and the 5600 is faster and cheaper with twice the L3 cache.

This motherboard has all the things you need and onboard wifi and bluetooth for $35 less.  

You can get 32GB of RAM to cur through renders, give you resources to stream, and ensure you'd never have to buy more for only a little bit more than that 16gb kit.

A 3060 is gonna be way way way better in blender and any video editing suite, the 12GB of VRAM are gonna be big for whole frame rendering and CUDA/Tensor cores are invaluable for 3D modeling.  It'll be a tiny bit slower than the 6650XT in games, but it should still be pretty fast. 

This is also a way better PSU for only a teeny bit more, and you can OC the crap out of your CPU and GPU without worrying like you would on that other unit. 

IDK if you have an SSD or not but if you don't you really should get one.

Silicon Power A60 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (SP001TBP34A60M28) - PCPartPicker

Any basic aftermarket cooler will let you OC the 5600 near its max freq.  Either of these would more than suffice:

ID-COOLING SE-214-XT 68.2 CFM CPU Cooler (SE-214-XT ARGB) - PCPartPicker

Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler (AX120 SE-D3) - PCPartPicker

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

58 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Check this:

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($72.97 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac GAMING Twin Edge OC GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB Video Card  ($341.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Super Flower Legion GX Pro 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($57.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 

The 5600g is pointless with a dgpu, and the 5600 is faster and cheaper with twice the L3 cache.

This motherboard has all the things you need and onboard wifi and bluetooth for $35 less.  

You can get 32GB of RAM to cur through renders, give you resources to stream, and ensure you'd never have to buy more for only a little bit more than that 16gb kit.

A 3060 is gonna be way way way better in blender and any video editing suite, the 12GB of VRAM are gonna be big for whole frame rendering and CUDA/Tensor cores are invaluable for 3D modeling.  It'll be a tiny bit slower than the 6650XT in games, but it should still be pretty fast. 

This is also a way better PSU for only a teeny bit more, and you can OC the crap out of your CPU and GPU without worrying like you would on that other unit. 

Silicon Power A60 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (SP001TBP34A60M28) - PCPartPicker

Any basic aftermarket cooler will let you OC the 5600 near its max freq.  Either of these would more than suffice:

Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler (AX120 SE-D3) - PCPartPicker

I have an SSD, am I able to safely transfer that over to this motherboard in which contains the OS, my files, and everything?

4 hours ago, Myxsticals said:

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello! I wanted to see if these parts picked would be good for streaming, video editing, gaming, and blender modeling.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4hZGwc

Better gpu and MUCH better psu.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dVLjhk

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

6 hours ago, Myxsticals said:

I have an SSD, am I able to safely transfer that over to this motherboard in which contains the OS, my files, and everything?

Yeah maybe, but your best bet is to store your data on a removable drive and reinstall windows on your ssd.  If you try to just let it run with your original windows install you'll probably run into a lot of issues and spend hours troubleshooting it rather than 30 minutes just reinstalling windows and starting fresh.

5 hours ago, GeorgeMKane said:

Better gpu and MUCH better psu.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dVLjhk

For blender and video editing, id hardly say a 6650xt is better than a 3060.  It's a little faster in games, yeah, but its not even close in rendering.  Like, night and day.  Believe me, for a pure gaming build none of the nVidia GPUs make sense on value, but for this stuff the 3060 is the clear superior.  And it still games quite well and can make up its small framerate gap with better feature support in some titles, and DLSS in others.

And what makes a CX so much better than a legion GX?

4 hours ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Yeah maybe, but your best bet is to store your data on a removable drive and reinstall windows on your ssd.  If you try to just let it run with your original windows install you'll probably run into a lot of issues and spend hours troubleshooting it rather than 30 minutes just reinstalling windows and starting fresh.

For blender and video editing, id hardly say a 6650xt is better than a 3060.  It's a little faster in games, yeah, but its not even close in rendering.  Like, night and day.  Believe me, for a pure gaming build none of the nVidia GPUs make sense on value, but for this stuff the 3060 is the clear superior.  And it still games quite well and can make up its small framerate gap with better feature support in some titles, and DLSS in others.

And what makes a CX so much better than a legion GX?

Alright. I'll store everything onto a detachable drive. And reinstall my windows on the same SSD I have which I can use for my new PC, right?

4 hours ago, Myxsticals said:

Alright. I'll store everything onto a detachable drive. And reinstall my windows on the same SSD I have which I can use for my new PC, right?

Yes.

20 hours ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Check this:

PCPartPicker Part List

This looks like a great build other than I'd suggest upping the PSU to 750W. Why do I say this cause there is nothing more annoying to find out than a power bottleneck. 

I love PC building and gaming. 
REMEMBER botttlenecks can happen at all points of a PC part. Make sure you are at equilibrium. For all parts unless you intend to upgrade at a later point. Also QA Tested AAA Games.

1 hour ago, NekoBubbles said:

This looks like a great build other than I'd suggest upping the PSU to 750W. Why do I say this cause there is nothing more annoying to find out than a power bottleneck. 

A 3060 and a 5600 really only need a 550w or 500w.  Their TDPs are like 170w and 65w respectively, so a 550w would give plenty of boosting/OC headroom.  The 650w I suggested was just because it was a better unit for only a little bit more.  A 750w for a 3060 and 5600 is jsut silly.  Goood PSUs can deliver a lot higher wattage than they are rated for to cover spikes and have OCP.  The 3060 is never gonna break 250w and the 5600 is never gonna break 150w, and that's at peak/spike usage.  Most of the time in game or in renders/exports this system is gonna pull under 300w, so a good 650w like a legion GX will handle it very efficiently.  

On 10/18/2022 at 8:13 PM, Queen Chrysalis said:

A 3060 and a 5600 really only need a 550w or 500w.  Their TDPs are like 170w and 65w respectively, so a 550w would give plenty of boosting/OC headroom.  The 650w I suggested was just because it was a better unit for only a little bit more.  A 750w for a 3060 and 5600 is jsut silly.  Goood PSUs can deliver a lot higher wattage than they are rated for to cover spikes and have OCP.  The 3060 is never gonna break 250w and the 5600 is never gonna break 150w, and that's at peak/spike usage.  Most of the time in game or in renders/exports this system is gonna pull under 300w, so a good 650w like a legion GX will handle it very efficiently.  

My argument is if they ever wanted to invest in a tier higher GPU as eventually the 3080's are gonna continue to probably reduce in price which would be a steal by the time their 3060 slows down. It would be a single upgrade instead of having to buy both a used GPU and a new PSU. I'm just thinking of future proofing if you have the money to do so. 

I love PC building and gaming. 
REMEMBER botttlenecks can happen at all points of a PC part. Make sure you are at equilibrium. For all parts unless you intend to upgrade at a later point. Also QA Tested AAA Games.