Lunecase - iPhone Electromagnetic Powered Case

allek15

Current Kickstarter Project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/concepter/lunecase-bring-the-back-of-your-iphone-to-life

Here is an iphone case that claims to be able to use your iphone's current electromagnetic radiation to power itself.

Original CNET news story below:

http://www.cnet.com/news/glowing-lunecase-feeds-on-iphones-electromagnetic-radiation/

"Get glowing alerts with the Lunecase, a case powered by electromagnetic energy sent out by your iPhone" ~CNET

"Versions for the iPhone 5/5S and 5C are on offer, in either black or white" ~CNET
"The energy is enough to power the notification LEDs built into the case, no battery or cords or recharging required" ~CNET

So what do you think? One day are we going to be able to charge our phones just using the background EM waves?

Current Kickstarter Project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/concepter/lunecase-bring-the-back-of-your-iphone-to-life

Here is an iphone case that claims to be able to use your iphone's current electromagnetic radiation to power itself.

Original CNET news story below:

http://www.cnet.com/news/glowing-lunecase-feeds-on-iphones-electromagnetic-radiation/

So what do you think? One day are we going to be able to charge our phones just using the background EM waves?

Hope so, I could game forever on it then. Flappy birds leaderboard here I come

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

What kind of crazy person puts their phone down on the screen. Also my nexus 4 can do this and the light is customizable

Hope so, I could game forever on it then. Flappy birds leaderboard here I come

i dont think u got the article. the case is charged, not the phone. . .

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

i dont think u got the article. the case is charged, not the phone. . .

yeah,  I know then the case charges the phone?

Nope, the case is electronic and thus needs electricity to operate. Instead of taking electricity from the phones battery, it uses the electromagnetic energy that the iPhone creates to power the case.

That would be literally pointless x3

Just moving power back and forth does nothing

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

My pc speakers do the same thing if my phone is close enough when I'm receiving a call or sms. As I understand, it's basically the same thing.

Electromagnetic field phone creates is the reason why accessories like S-pen work. Would it be possible to create a costum program to allow any other phone to use S-pen?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Feel stupid now, didn't read thecnet and kick start project... My bad for being stupid

Personally, I never put my phone screen down, this just seems pointless. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

They should instead, make it Qi enabled by using the case to charge the phone.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500