RTX 4090 Liquid cooling in Corsair 5000D (help needed)

Alex_Dahlz
Go to solution Solved by Deadpool2onBlu-Ray,

I think option #2 makes the most sense. 

Hello everyone,

So I was fortunate enough to be able to get a hold of an GeForce RTX™ 4090 SUPRIM LIQUID X 24G that I will be installing in my new PC-build.
I had a quick question regarding the position of the radiator in the Corsair 5000D case:
- I will be using a Linkup PCIe 4.0 90° riser for the card.
- I have installed 3x Noctua fans on the front intake, 3x noctua exhaust fans on top of the case + 1 exhaust in the back.
- The side panel is currently vacant in the case, check out the picture to get a better understanding:

1665658757334.png

My question is: Is the best solution to place the radiator where the 3 empty fan mounts are?
- If yes, then should the radiator inlet/outlet be at the bottom or the top of the radiator? (I have never used radiators in any of my builds before).
- So option 1? :

1665658914477.png

Option 2? :

1665658937337.png

Or Option 3?

1665669506792.png

Or something else? Like exhaust out of the top of the case even tho the top of the case already has 3x 120mm fans in-place? Should I do push/pull system?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Alex

I think option #2 makes the most sense. 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

2 minutes ago, Devryd said:

450W on a dual 120mm Radiator?
thats gonna be a rather hot loop

??????????????????????

That card has a 240mm rad. 

And OP is going to run push/pull with better fans. It'll run like a dream

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

5 minutes ago, Devryd said:

450W on a dual 120mm Radiator?
thats gonna be a rather hot loop

From what the reviewers are saying this card has lower temps than FE, and has same temp as ASUS Strix 4090 in idle and load.

2 minutes ago, Alex_Dahlz said:

From what the reviers are saying this card has lower temps than FE, and is rouhly same temp as ASUS Strix 4090.

450W are 450W. Even if the card wont run really hot, the coolant will either be rather warm, or OP will have to run the fans at fairly high speeds.

4 minutes ago, Devryd said:

450W are 450W. Even if the card wont run really hot, the coolant will either be rather warm, or OP will have to run the fans at fairly high speeds.

I would think this is something that MSI would have tested. With push/pull it should be even better.

just speaking from experience here, but my loop has a 240 and a 280 rad and I only put about 300W max into it.
Despite that I get 35°C in summer or really loud fans

I am also not trying to talk your purchase down, I just want you to be aware of it.

7 minutes ago, Devryd said:

I am also not trying to talk your purchase down, I just want you to be aware of it.

Aye, I am =)