Need help with wifi/bluetooth card

My motherboard does not have integrated wifi/bluetooth, so I bought a seperate card for it. I got the TP-Link Archer TX50E. It works fine most of the time, but every time I turn my PC off and turn it on again it doesn't work and I have to troubleshoot the bluetooth drivers to reinstall them to get them to work.

Any suggestions to how I can avoid this, or anything I can do to not have to do that? It's a minor inconvenience at worst, I know that.

I'm afraid this is just windows being windows, I had this issue before, not with that specific adapter, but with an intel wifi card. 

I have tried registry cleaning, downloading the latest drivers from the website, and complete reinstall of the drivers.

Anyway, the only fix for it was clean windows install. 

You could try the complete reinstall of the drivers first and see it fixes it.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

28 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

I'm afraid this is just windows being windows, I had this issue before, not with that specific adapter, but with an intel wifi card. 

I have tried registry cleaning, downloading the latest drivers from the website, and complete reinstall of the drivers.

Anyway, the only fix for it was clean windows install. 

You could try the complete reinstall of the drivers first and see it fixes it.

Same problem and ultimate solution with a Realtek Bluetooth adapter I got for my desktop. I've always found the windows Bluetooth implementation to be flakey compaired to basically any other platform. After a good amount of time spent troubleshooting possible conflicts/issues, booting with a clean install it just instantly worked and that was easier than continuing to hunt. 

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d | CPU Cooler Deepcool Castle 360EX | Motherboard MSI X570 A-Pro  | GPU MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio  | RAM 32 GB GSkill Trident Z 3600 MHz Cas 16 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P600S | PSU Seasonic Focus Plus 850W Gold | Storage WD Black SN850 1TB / WD Black SN750 2TB / WD Blue 2.5" SATA SSD 2TB

14 hours ago, Kleiva said:

I got the TP-Link Archer TX50E.

This is essentially an Intel AX200-based wireless adapter. If you haven't done so already, uninstall any software/drivers you got from TP-Link and install both wireless and Bluetooth drivers from Intel.

Secondly, ensure the external antennae are properly installed and the USB cable is plugged into a working motherboard USB header. Bluetooth needs power from USB to work reliably. If your system is underpowered or there is a lot of power draw from USB devices, some peripherals can underperform.

14 hours ago, Kleiva said:

but every time I turn my PC off and turn it on again it doesn't work and I have to troubleshoot the bluetooth drivers to reinstall them to get them to work.

What does this mean? Does the adapter fail to be detected by Windows? Or does the WiFi/Bluetooth fail to connect?

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2022 at 4:16 PM, Falcon1986 said:

Secondly, ensure the external antennae are properly installed and the USB cable is plugged into a working motherboard USB header. Bluetooth needs power from USB to work reliably. If your system is underpowered or there is a lot of power draw from USB devices, some peripherals can underperform.

It doesn't have any USB connections, it is only connected to my PC via PCI

On 10/11/2022 at 4:16 PM, Falcon1986 said:

What does this mean? Does the adapter fail to be detected by Windows? Or does the WiFi/Bluetooth fail to connect?

It seems like the adapter has failed to be detected by windows. I am bad at explaining stuff, so I can't really do that

12 hours ago, Kleiva said:

It doesn't have any USB connections, it is only connected to my PC via PCI

So you never connected the card to a USB header as per steps 1b and 1d of the manual? That explains why Bluetooth isn't working properly.

On 11/21/2022 at 11:11 AM, Falcon1986 said:

So you never connected the card to a USB header as per steps 1b and 1d of the manual? That explains why Bluetooth isn't working properly.

My version has no way to connect via USB

4 hours ago, Kleiva said:

My version has no way to connect via USB

Please take a picture. There shouldn't be any variants of the TX50E without USB header connectivity or else there wouldn't be any Bluetooth to support. All modern Intel-based WiFi PCIe cards have Bluetooth support built in.

It's not a regular USB port. It's a header port that connects to the USB header on your motherboard to power  Bluetooth on the adapter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2022 at 11:38 AM, Falcon1986 said:

Please take a picture. There shouldn't be any variants of the TX50E without USB header connectivity or else there wouldn't be any Bluetooth to support. All modern Intel-based WiFi PCIe cards have Bluetooth support built in.

It's not a regular USB port. It's a header port that connects to the USB header on your motherboard to power  Bluetooth on the adapter.

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Yes, the card is connected to a USB header on the moterboard.