Long run internet connection

Oscar F

Hi yall,

I am trying to help a friend get an internet connection from a neighbor since the ISP refuses to do a run to his house.

The closest home that would be willing to share their internet connection is about 1500ft away, and I'm trying to figue out what the best way to accomplish this would be.

I already looked into MOCA adapters, but it seems that the best those would do is 300ft. Right now I'm looking into fiber but I just wonder what the best solution would be.

Thanks!

1,500ft is extremely far for anything other than a fiber run unless you use Amp's every 300 feet or so, not knowing where you live or your neighbor best bet would be Fiber or satellite 

54 minutes ago, Oscar F said:

Hi yall,

I am trying to help a friend get an internet connection from a neighbor since the ISP refuses to do a run to his house.

The closest home that would be willing to share their internet connection is about 1500ft away, and I'm trying to figue out what the best way to accomplish this would be.

I already looked into MOCA adapters, but it seems that the best those would do is 300ft. Right now I'm looking into fiber but I just wonder what the best solution would be.

Thanks!

Without a doubt, I'd go point to point wireless. Unless you can trench a fiber line... 

On 10/7/2022 at 11:09 PM, Blue4130 said:

Without a doubt, I'd go point to point wireless. Unless you can trench a fiber line... 

Do you have any recommendations for possible products?

Ubiquiti air fiber or air max products work great. The speed of the link and your budget will determine which one you want.