Looking to buy a new laptop for 3D modeling, rendering and illustration, photo editing.

Looking to a new laptop primarily for 3D modeling, Rendering 

Software to be used are Blender, Rhino, Inventor, Solidworks, Keyshot.

Photo Editing Software to be used are Photoshop, Illustrator, lightroom, indesign and rarely premiere pro and after effects.

I might used multiple programs constantly also and mostly I work with 4k or 8k resolutions.

I froze on cpu spec i7 11800H or i7 12700H or R7 6800H

15.6" 2k Display / 16 GB RAM 

I would like to know if RTX 3050 (85W) would be sufficient or Should I Look at RTX 3060(135W or 140W) ? Because it is harder to find RTX 3060 equipped laptop in my region. What would be the difference between RTX 3060 105W and 135W/140W?  And regarding RAM, majority of 12th gen Laptop have DDR4 slots is worth going for DDR5 equipped laptop in the current scenario ?

Some Laptops in considerations are Acer Helios 300 2022, Asus Rog Strix R7 6800 version 15.6", MSI Crosshair 15.6" DDR4, MSI GP66 Vector.

Other considerations are Acer Nitro 5, Asus Tuf, Lenovo legion but I am also worried about the long-term reliability of these models. 

HP and Dell are not considered since support in my local area is very bad.

Location-India

Thanks in Advance.

10 minutes ago, caterham said:

Looking to a new laptop primarily for 3D modeling, Rendering 

Software to be used are Blender, Rhino, Inventor, Solidworks, Keyshot.

Photo Editing Software to be used are Photoshop, Illustrator, lightroom, indesign and rarely premiere pro and after effects.

I might used multiple programs constantly also and mostly I work with 4k or 8k resolutions.

I froze on cpu spec i7 11800H or i7 12700H or R7 6800H

15.6" 2k Display / 16 GB RAM 

I would like to know if RTX 3050 (85W) would be sufficient or Should I Look at RTX 3060(135W or 140W) ? Because it is harder to find RTX 3060 equipped laptop in my region. What would be the difference between RTX 3060 105W and 135W/140W?  And regarding RAM, majority of 12th gen Laptop have DDR4 slots is worth going for DDR5 equipped laptop in the current scenario ?

Some Laptops in considerations are Acer Helios 300 2022, Asus Rog Strix R7 6800 version 15.6", MSI Crosshair 15.6" DDR4, MSI GP66 Vector.

Other considerations are Acer Nitro 5, Asus Tuf, Lenovo legion but I am also worried about the long-term reliability of these models. 

HP and Dell are not considered since support in my local area is very bad.

Location-India

Thanks in Advance.

I own a laptop with the RTX 3060. It's really good and of course better than the RTX 3050. I got the 140w RTX 3060. Things a beast for a laptop. DDR4 3200-4600mhz is fine. But the one i bought is DDR5, which is more expensive. WIth what you're doing i would go with the RTX 3060. DDR5 isn't a huge performance thing you can make due with the DDR4 and the ryzen 7 6800h is a really good CPU. But the intel core i7 12th gen performs a bit better. But really it's what you want for the price. AMD tends to be a bit cheaper. (In some cases) I own a Asus ROG strix G15 with the Ryzen 7 6800h and RTX 3060 with DDR5 ram. The display, performance and battery saving life and just the quality in general feels and looks amazing. Of course I've had a few issues with the ROG. Such as the keys  not working and i have to take the back off to reset the keys so the one key that went out works again (happened once) Or I just shut the lid and turn off the computer and rarely does the Wifi card have this issues. But the wifi card fails to start. You have to reset the network card and turn off the laptop for awhile. Then it work again. I don't know if yours will do the same. But it uses a full sized m.2. Has the amazing performance. And looks beautiful. Lenovo is also a okay company and I know someone with a acer nitro 5. The fans suck in comparison to the ROG strix which allows you to control the average fan speed and uses good thermal paste (Liquid metal)

7 minutes ago, Noble3212 said:

I own a laptop with the RTX 3060. It's really good and of course better than the RTX 3050. I got the 140w RTX 3060. Things a beast for a laptop. DDR4 3200-4600mhz is fine. But the one i bought is DDR5, which is more expensive. WIth what you're doing i would go with the RTX 3060. DDR5 isn't a huge performance thing you can make due with the DDR4 and the ryzen 7 6800h is a really good CPU. But the intel core i7 12th gen performs a bit better. But really it's what you want for the price. AMD tends to be a bit cheaper. (In some cases) I own a Asus ROG strix G15 with the Ryzen 7 6800h and RTX 3060 with DDR5 ram. The display, performance and battery saving life and just the quality in general feels and looks amazing. Of course I've had a few issues with the ROG. Such as the keys  not working and i have to take the back off to reset the keys so the one key that went out works again (happened once) Or I just shut the lid and turn off the computer and rarely does the Wifi card have this issues. But the wifi card fails to start. You have to reset the network card and turn off the laptop for awhile. Then it work again. I don't know if yours will do the same. But it uses a full sized m.2. Has the amazing performance. And looks beautiful. Lenovo is also a okay company and I know someone with a acer nitro 5. The fans suck in comparison to the ROG strix which allows you to control the average fan speed and uses good thermal paste (Liquid metal)

140w is the best for the RTX 3060 mobile. But I don't know if there is to much of a difference with the other watt ones. Only that it'd be worse? Most performance focused laptops should come more often with the 140w. or closer

20 minutes ago, Noble3212 said:

I own a laptop with the RTX 3060.

Can you share the model or part no. Of your laptop? 

Just now, caterham said:

Can you share the model or part no. Of your laptop? 

ROG Strix G513RM_G513RM

I made some changes to my model. I added another m.2 and when DDR5 gets cheaper I'm going to upgrade the ram to 24gbs but as is it works wonderfully