can my 500 watt power supply support a rtx 3060

PoptartKing02
1 hour ago, CommanderAlex said:

Sometimes...it's hard for people to understand where they can find that. 

There is google for that or just ask a question on where to find that. We are here to help and all op has to do is ask.

If they cant find it its on the side of the psu on the sticker.

1 hour ago, PoptartKing02 said:

i heard the gtx 1080 ti can play 4k games when games around its time was released like 4k fallout 4

Yes at medium settings. Sometimes high. That was almost 6 years ago by now games got a lot more intensive and a 3060 being arpund 1080ti levels of performance will simply do worse.

57 minutes ago, Aragorn- said:

This is just the usual nonsense that gets perpetuated around PSUs. A 1660TI draws around 120w. The 3060 draws around 170.

So if a 1660ti is happy on a 350w PSU, why would a card that draws 50w more suddenly require a 700w unit?

A 3060 is not a power hungry card and 500w is plenty, so long as its a quality 500w unit and not trash tier.

This.

Thats why im trying to figure out what psu op has too. Because evga has bad, good and ok psu's. 500w is plenty fine in this case if the psu is good.

2 hours ago, PoptartKing02 said:

i want an rtx 3060 12gb so i can use dlss for a 4k monitor can my 500 watt psu handle the power requirements for one?

Im running a 3060 + 5600x on a 460w platinum psu with no issues 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

• 1 month later...

I haVE  an RTX 3060 12gb Zotac , H410 rgb air cooler ,TFORCE DELTA R 3200mhz 8gbx2 rgb, i5 10400,n kinda crappy mobo but i ordered new, mu PSU is very new but its a VS Corsair 500w 80 Plus bronze black sleeve cos i was using 1660ti at the time.......im still  using my psu 500w so , will it affect my CPU , oh an 1 rgb back fan and 3 led fans front....One guy said i used 500w with my 3060 ti i think or 3060 sry not sure, and an i7 8th gen or 9th gen somthing and he said he doesnt have problems.....Will u please advice me , i just ordered a whole lots of upgrades and dont have enuff money to buy even 550w,cos people wanna buy my 500w so cheap i jst cant give them!!!! Pleaase advice on consequence or is it alright ??? Im ordering a 1440p 27 monitor as well so i need help !!! i dont wannna spoil my PC.

On 10/6/2022 at 7:43 PM, DeerDK said:

Im running a 3060 + 5600x on a 460w platinum psu with no issues 

Is there even a 460w psu sir ?? the platinum definitely helps obviously right.

4 hours ago, MaxLangel38 said:

Is there even a 460w psu sir ?? the platinum definitely helps obviously right.

You can get them even smaller., but 460 is definitely a wattage you can get. Some reviewers describe it as a soft lower limit as your get into an area where the manufacturers usually don't wanna overspend on good parts as people won't pay for it 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

Can u reply or help with my immediate issue sir or any otherguys out there for that matter please??? My 1440p and mobo are arriving tommorow and today my 256gb ssd and nvme M.2 128gb arrived, So in total 2x 256gb ssd ,1x500gb Laptop HDD and 1 nvm2 M.2 Storage , i included all parts im using because they consume power as well , i know i need atleast 550w 80plus minimium, But will 600w bronze 80+ suffuce efficiently?? Does it slow down PC ,cos it feels like it slows down my PC cos im only using 24' curved Samsung 1080p144hz monitor with Rtx3060 12gb 8gbx2 gigs rams, opening multiple tabs kinda slows down and with my specs ,that doesnt seem likely to happen. So please HELP ...SOS !!!! I havnt installed my new storaGES SO ITS 128GBSSD AND 1 500hdd RIGHT NOW. Need advic/Help !!! Will my 500w causes my cpu problems if i installed all my new storages cos i badly need them now, and i cant immediately buyu new PSU right away,need atleast a week from now !!! Thank you !!!