Question GPU idle temp higher than usual out of no where.

Bruhium
Usually in idle I get around 32-33 degrees celsius but recently it's been getting to as high as 40 degrees even when my room is cold.
I've trying rolling back my nvidia drivers but that hasn't done anything. I recently got a new headset and had to download Realtek audio drivers because one of the headsets that I had bought were not working, Idk how that would correlate with idle temps but still.
I deleted an app called lively wallpaper but it only decreased my idle temps a little bit but they are still higher than they used to be, being only about a week ago.
I haven't cleaned out my computer but if that were the problem I would only expect a degree or two increase instead of 7 to 8.
Mind you, my gpu usage is around 0-4% at idle. 
I have an RTX 3070 if that helps. Any help would be appreciated.

Idle temp means almost nothing, unless it's out of spec (which would denote cooler failure, which is only something you would see on AIO/water) it's irrelevant. Unless load temps get worrying, you're fine. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando_ said:

Idle temp means almost nothing, unless it's out of spec (which would denote cooler failure, which is only something you would see on AIO/water) it's irrelevant. Unless load temps get worrying, you're fine. 

I'm not too worried about it. I just want to know why it's happening though.

Clockspeed at idle? Fans spinning or not? Where they before? Idle clockspeed should be in the range of 210Mhz.

9 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Clockspeed at idle? Fans spinning or not? Where they before? Idle clockspeed should be in the range of 210Mhz.

Idle clock speed is 210Mhz. Fans aren't spinning. They also weren't before. 

10 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Actually, when I just open MSI afterburner it is at 1785Mhz but quickly goes down to 210Mhz. Could that be it? How do I fix that?

18 minutes ago, Bruhium said:

Actually, when I just open MSI afterburner it is at 1785Mhz but quickly goes down to 210Mhz. Could that be it? How do I fix that?

Clockspeed jumps briefly for all sorts of things happening on the screen, that's normal, nothing to fix. 

Just now, GuiltySpark_ said:

Clockspeed jumps briefly for all sorts of things happening on the screen, that's normal, nothing to fix. 

So, what do you suggest. Is everything normal? But that doesn't explain why they were like 7 degrees lower a week ago. 

43 minutes ago, Bruhium said:

So, what do you suggest. Is everything normal? But that doesn't explain why they were like 7 degrees lower a week ago. 

Idle temps can be affected by any number of things, especially if the fans aren't spinning. If you had a fully passively cooled heat source, and then you let out a sigh in its general direction: it may drop a few degrees C just from that incidental airflow. 

When it comes to components' behaviours: don't be Ping Boy or 286 guy. 

46 minutes ago, Bruhium said:

Everything sounds normal. 

as long as the card / pc work as intended and temps are within range, you are good to go. 

those 7c I can’t explain. One could repaste if you are that concerned

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

6 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

When it comes to components' behaviours: don't be Ping Boy or 286 guy. 

What does that mean?

20 minutes ago, Bruhium said:

What does that mean?

Ping Boy lost his little mind because his ping went from 12ms to 26 one day and was determined to do anything and everything to get it back to 12ms and wouldn't stop fixating on ping and made like 15 posts about it every half hour and when he didn't like the answer he got: made a new post. And with each successive post became more and more irritating in his behaviour.

286 guy was paralytically terrified beyond all reason of any temp on any hardware (in this case his 3090) going above 50C because 50C is the max operating temp of his 80286 from 1982 and would not listen to any form of reason and was ADAMANT that air cooling MUST have a way to keep below 50C at full load because water may not come within sight of the system (understandable) and it took every ounce of teacher energy in me to reassure him that 50C was perfectly within spec for the card and that it wouldn't catch fire and release the magic blue smoke if it went above 50C. He eventually after 6 hours accepted that the max he would allow was 70C (max operating temp of his friend's 80486 from ~1988-1990).

Also, don't be [redacted] (beligerant Russian guy on the forum) who just yells at people and who you just want to ask "who hurt you" when he lashes out at people who disagree with him.

TL;DR

Patience, understanding, and acceptance of random variance in components will do you very well in the PC space.

6 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Ping Boy lost his little mind because his ping went from 12ms to 26 one day and was determined to do anything and everything to get it back to 12ms and wouldn't stop fixating on ping and made like 15 posts about it every half hour and when he didn't like the answer he got: made a new post. And with each successive post became more and more irritating in his behaviour.

286 guy was paralytically terrified beyond all reason of any temp on any hardware (in this case his 3090) going above 50C because 50C is the max operating temp of his 80286 from 1982 and would not listen to any form of reason and was ADAMANT that air cooling MUST have a way to keep below 50C at full load because water may not come within sight of the system (understandable) and it took every ounce of teacher energy in me to reassure him that 50C was perfectly within spec for the card and that it wouldn't catch fire and release the magic blue smoke if it went above 50C. He eventually after 6 hours accepted that the max he would allow was 70C (max operating temp of his friend's 80486 from ~1988-1990).

Also, don't be [redacted] (beligerant Russian guy on the forum) who just yells at people and who you just want to ask "who hurt you" when he lashes out at people who disagree with him.

TL;DR

Patience, understanding, and acceptance of random variance in components will do you very well in the PC space.

Damn, okay. I'll try not to. Just not used to them being like this I'll clean it out and if it stays the same then oh well. It's not like it's dangerous temps anyway. Thanks for the help.

Just now, Bruhium said:

Damn, okay. I'll try not to. Just not used to them being like this I'll clean it out and if it stays the same then oh well. It's not like it's dangerous temps anyway. Thanks for the help.

you would have to really try to become Ping Boy. given that the fans are not spinning: I would probably Chaulk it up to variance in testing scenario, it may be as simple as your AC kicked on right before you measured the lower temp, and when you measured the higher temp the ac was between cycles.