Splitter vs Hub

PcBeExpensive

Should I buy a fan hub with argb and pwm or should I just buy some splitters?

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

That.. depends entirely on you and your setup which we don't know. Maybe if you provided more information someone could help?

sorry. I havent built my setup yet but I am going to go and get my parts in a couple of days. Just asking so I can buy one when I get my parts. 

MOBO: Most likely Asus b550 Tuf Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB RS (four 8g sticks)
GPU: Asus 2060 OC edition

PSU: Corsair Rm650

Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

2 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Should I buy a fan hub with argb and pwm or should I just buy some splitters?

Would you like to have control of your RGB and/or fan speed on an individual or group of fans level?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

I want to be able to control rgb and fan speeds. I will have 6 fans and one radiator pump. I will get argb splitter for the rgb side and fan socket splitters for pwm if I do get splitters. IDK what rgb pwm fan hub I will get but I need one with min 7 sockets for both. The problem with splitters is that they can add up to be quiet expensive since I need two (maybe three) of each.

My First PC

so sshould I buy splitters or should I buy a hub??

My First PC

as long as the total amount of fans amperage don't exceed 1a, u can plug them on splitters to your mobo 

check your mobo manual, some mobo have fan headers with higher watt rating like  24w (12v by 2a)

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

sorry I don't understand. I have 4 deepcool c120c fans that came with the case. I am also gonna plug in a deepcool radiator. Can u explain a bit more.

My First PC

you need to understand there's 2 part of this, i'm basing these on yer mobo manual here

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/TUF_GAMING_B550-PLUS/E16576_TUF_GAMING_B550-PLUS_UM_WEB.pdf

WARNING: if you overdraw the power on fan or rgb header, you may kill that header or even your mobo

image.png.c259e603e3f8a47f2f956dc5869ff254.png

4pin pwm fan control (usually 12v constant)

• according to your mobo manual all your pwm fan headers are 12w (12volts multiply 1amp)
  • from deepcool website, their 120mm fans max amp = 0.2a
  • so each of your fan headers can handle max via splitters up to 5 fans (but use 4 fans at most for safety)
  • your mobo can support up to 20 deepcool 120mm fans (5 headers with 4 fans each)

3pin argb control (usually 5v constant)

• mobo argb header supports up to total of 15w (5volts multiply 3amps)
  • from deepcool website, each CF120 fan draws up to max of 0.63a
  • so that 1 argb header on mobo at max can only support 4 fans (4 * 0.63a = 2.52a)
  • you have to doublecheck on how much amp each fan draws for its rgb led
  • you'll likely need a argb hub for argb led on your fans, if yer trying to use more than 4 argb fans on yer mobo
  • plugging 5v argb led into 12v rgb header (labelled 11 on the above pic) will kill the rgb leds
Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

thanks. Will probably end up getting an argb hub then since I need to plug in 6 rgb fans and 1 rgb AIO pump. Will get argb hub and get one (ore two) pwm splitter. Thanks for detailed response.

My First PC