Motherboard ded?

GoguDRks
Go to solution Solved by Biohazard777,
37 minutes ago, GoguDRks said:

ik I'm an idiot for not unplugging the pc from the outlet before installing it)

Or at least flipping the switch on the PSU...

Anyhow, a long shot but have you tried shorting the the front panel power header instead of using the power button? Maybe the button died or got disconnected (in which case just reconnect it) while you were fiddling with the PC.
image.png.8f13ac6ac0573a18bd5b5ef2ef0a297d.png

Any signs of life, like LED status lights on the mobo, beeps, fans trying to start etc.?

So, I have this configuration:

-i5 6500

-b150m hds

-500w psu 80+ bronze

-rx 580 8gb (just bought it) 

I was installing my GPU and, while installing it, I accidentally turned on the PC (the gpu was not completely inserted in the 16x slot, ik I'm an idiot for not unplugging the pc from the outlet before installing it). I turned off the PC, unplugged the PSU, installed the gpu, the PC no longer turns on. Unplugged absolutely everything, but the 4x2 CPU, 20+4 pins and one stick of ram(bare minimum for it to turn on). The PC still won't turn on. Shorted the green and black wires from the PSU in order to make sure that the PSU isn't dead, the fan turned on. 

Also tried getting the cmos battery out and back in, another psu cable. 

Is it possible that the motherboard is dead? There doesn't seem to be any faulty capacitor (I think that what the small kinda barrels are called, neither on the psu, nor the mobo). 

Tried to explain everything as good as I could with my bad English. 

P.S. Tried reseatign the cpu (even though if it was faulty, the system would still turn on, as I had this problem before). 

Unplugged everything, how did you turn it on ?

Unplugged everything, even the storage drive ?

Any lights ?

I'm willing to swim against the current.

37 minutes ago, GoguDRks said:

ik I'm an idiot for not unplugging the pc from the outlet before installing it)

Or at least flipping the switch on the PSU...

Anyhow, a long shot but have you tried shorting the the front panel power header instead of using the power button? Maybe the button died or got disconnected (in which case just reconnect it) while you were fiddling with the PC.
image.png.8f13ac6ac0573a18bd5b5ef2ef0a297d.png

Any signs of life, like LED status lights on the mobo, beeps, fans trying to start etc.?

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

Usually, when I flip the power button off and on from the psu, the pc turns on for a few seconds, for ram training, ig. Triet shorting the pins and the button too. Also tried the reset button, just to make sure that the actual power button is not faulty. The mobo does not have any LEDs nor a beep making sound device. The cpu fan does not start, nor the one from the front or back panel (the one from the front is connected via the molex cable (and has an LED) from the psu, the one from the back via mobo connector). 

14 minutes ago, leclod said:

Unplugged everything, how did you turn it on ?

Unplugged everything, even the storage drive ?

Any lights ?

Unplugged everything, the only connections in my pc are: the power cable, the 20+4 pins connector for the mobo, the 4x2 pins connector for the CPU, 1 stick of ram, tried both of them on both slots, one at a time, every possibility. Nothing else, no SATA device, nor even a USB device. 

Ok, seems like everything's fine. Apparently, the pins from the motherboard can't be shorted with any screwdriver, I used the U shaped paper clip that I used on the psu and the pc turned on. Now, it works fine, however, my desk is a complete mess now because I have every single piece from the pc on it. 

* Later edit: I think I know what might have caused it, when installing the gpu, there was not enough room for it at the other side of it (towards the frond side of the pc) and I pushed it hard for a few (a lot) of times. I had to unplug the USB header, because it was too tall and, next to the USB hearer is the front side panel pins. The USB header pins also interfered with the gpu plastic and maybe I broke the frond panel power buttons skinny things. If anyone sees this message, please, keep this in mind, as this might solve some situations. *

I hope the message is kinda understandable, I'm not natively speaking English.

Thank you for your suggestions! 

Cheers! 

Edited by GoguDRks