Reliable Custom PSU Cables

pinkua

Hello,

I am look for a reliable Custom PSU cables( the cable kits that plug directly into your PSU ) psu for my Corsair  RMx 1000 watts (2021 version).

For now i am thinking about buy from Corsair pro psu premium kits or CableMod.

but since i have never bought a third party cable or corsair custom one, i have no clue which cable company is reliable. 

my budget is around $50~$100 .

Any tip and recommendation will be helpful .

Thank you.

(I live in USA)

Cable Mod replacement cables are solid however, pretty pricey, I've used the UpHere Cable Extenders off Amazon for a solid 3 years and have had no issues. If you're looking to save some money they're definitely worth it, $30 for the whole kit vs. $100+

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

There is a reason extensions are generally not recommended. I would read up on that before going that route.

Used CableMod several times personally.  You might also look at TitanRig. Their cables are made in the US, so if you are state side that may be quicker. 

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Cable Mod replacement cables are solid however, pretty pricey, I've used the UpHere Cable Extenders off Amazon for a solid 3 years and have had no issues. If you're looking to save some money they're definitely worth it, $30 for the whole kit vs. $100+

Helps if you order something in stock.  I was looking at the custom configuration for EVGA 4xPCIe to 16 pin microfit it was like $80 with shipping.  Got the 3xPCIe one instead that was stock shipped for $34.  Originally was just going to get the EVGA one that is rated to work with the 450W 3090ti (2x8pin) but wanted more headroom.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

33 minutes ago, ewitte said:

Helps if you order something in stock.  I was looking at the custom configuration for EVGA 4xPCIe to 16 pin microfit it was like $80 with shipping.  Got the 3xPCIe one instead that was stock shipped for $34.  Originally was just going to get the EVGA one that is rated to work with the 450W 3090ti (2x8pin) but wanted more headroom.

I have this set in my current build, have thought about going the Pros or full on cables instead of extensions, haven't had any issues. At the time I bought them I was a little strapped for cash, have been able to upgrade them for awhile but they've worked just fine and stayed looking good for so long I've just re-used them. Have gone through 3 builds with them. 

https://www.amazon.com/upHere-Sleeve-Extension-Extra-Sleeved-PIN-White/dp/B06XNV7H6Y/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1IZLIEC45L18V&keywords=uphere%2Bcable%2Bextension&qid=1664912968&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIyLjgwIiwicXNhIjoiMi43NSIsInFzcCI6IjIuMTYifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=uphere%2Bcable%2Bextension%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-3&th=1

1 hour ago, OhioYJ said:

There is a reason extensions are generally not recommended. I would read up on that before going that route.

Used CableMod several times personally.  You might also look at TitanRig. Their cables are made in the US, so if you are state side that may be quicker. 

There generally isn't issues with quality extensions at least, the only problem I've seen and most deal with is that they add cable length and make the cables harder to manage. However, inexpensive and cheaply made ones are a risk. Still I wouldn't go around saying they all are. Quality ones are perfectly safe to use if you don't mind the extra cable management can save you some decent cha-ching. Cable mod has them too, I was just giving OP all of the options. If OP has the money and wants to get a custom set of Cable Mod cables it's definitely worth it.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

I have had a couple machines with custom ordered to length cables from CableMod.  You get what you pay for here.  Don't trust some no name company who puts out cheap cables as those have damaged a few machines in their time.

4 hours ago, maestro0428 said:

I have had a couple machines with custom ordered to length cables from CableMod.  You get what you pay for here.  Don't trust some no name company who puts out cheap cables as those have damaged a few machines in their time.

Thank you for the info. i guess i gotta go with cablemod. i was worried that 3rd party cable might damage component so i was thinking about corsair one since i have their psu but it looks everyone here telling me cablemod is good to use so i might as well try it 🙂 .

6 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I have this set in my current build, have thought about going the Pros or full on cables instead of extensions, haven't had any issues. At the time I bought them I was a little strapped for cash, have been able to upgrade them for awhile but they've worked just fine and stayed looking good for so long I've just re-used them. Have gone through 3 builds with them. 

https://www.amazon.com/upHere-Sleeve-Extension-Extra-Sleeved-PIN-White/dp/B06XNV7H6Y/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1IZLIEC45L18V&keywords=uphere%2Bcable%2Bextension&qid=1664912968&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIyLjgwIiwicXNhIjoiMi43NSIsInFzcCI6IjIuMTYifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=uphere%2Bcable%2Bextension%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-3&th=1

There generally isn't issues with quality extensions at least, the only problem I've seen and most deal with is that they add cable length and make the cables harder to manage. However, inexpensive and cheaply made ones are a risk. Still I wouldn't go around saying they all are. Quality ones are perfectly safe to use if you don't mind the extra cable management can save you some decent cha-ching. Cable mod has them too, I was just giving OP all of the options. If OP has the money and wants to get a custom set of Cable Mod cables it's definitely worth it.

yeah, i was thinking about extension but i do not have that much room to manage cable on back of my case lool .

but you are right that it is pricey.

Anyways thank you for reply!

8 hours ago, OhioYJ said:

I will look into titanRig! thank you for recommendation. 

Just used cable mod for the first time .And I have to say never again .Got conformation that my order had been shipped and given the tracking . I couldn't track it on the DPD site so I called them .According to DPD the label was created but nothing has been scanned . Now 8 days since it was aparently shipped still no information .Contacted cable mod to cancel the order and they just said no it was impossible. So now in out of options the package is missing I cant get a refund so now I dont know what to do it wasn't as if the order was cheap either