Xfinity is the worst

Cyberwolf

So i have the unlimited internet usage plan  so last month i used 320 gbs of data and they throttled my pc which is extremely annoying due i stream a lot of music. It’s unlimited data 

so if you are wanting to switch to xfinty I recommend you dont

Screenshot 2022-09-25 120756.jpg

Edited by Cyberwolf
Added more photos

wd-40 is god there is no other god than wd-40 wd-40 is the solution to all problems

Well it's still goddamn Comcast, no matter how they try to sugar coat it.  320 sounds fair, I probably use 200-300 on Cox, and their "limit" is allegedly 1TB, so I never seem to have issues.

And they aren't throttling your PC, they're throttling your service.  I'm sure many corporations would love to throttle your PC itself and hold you hostage for an extortion fee--but that isn't the case.  Yet.

How much did they throttle? What's your typical speed vs new speed vs what you're paying for (which is usually listed as "up to" yet people still get outrageously mad about slow downs)?

I'd love to know some details so it's less "shaking fist at xfinity" vibes

Wow, I hope you aren't paying too much for that. Our "unlimited" plan has a 3 TB limit required by law, and we regularly use more than a terabyte a month.

🙂

20 hours ago, mike_seps said:

How much did they throttle? What's your typical speed vs new speed vs what you're paying for (which is usually listed as "up to" yet people still get outrageously mad about slow downs)?

I'd love to know some details so it's less "shaking fist at xfinity" vibes

My typical speed at the beginning of the month was 480-380mbs but at the end i was getting 40mbs

wd-40 is god there is no other god than wd-40 wd-40 is the solution to all problems

20 minutes ago, Billbill said:

After you reach a certain limit, they throttle your speed. They do this to deter people from running a web server or game server on a home-based internet connection. 

well my dad is running a heilum miner so………. Don’t tell xfinity

Edited by Cyberwolf

On 10/4/2022 at 8:11 AM, Cyberwolf said:

so last month i used 320 gbs of data and they throttled my pc which is extremely annoying due

You must be a a really congested area. I have Xfinity and we have used just north of 1 TB of data, we dont have the unlimited. We have never had issues with them throttling. My friend out in Colorado has Xfinity and there has to be at least 6 people living in that house and they have unlimited, they definitely use over 1 TB of data, he never complains about throttling. So my guess, if your part of the network is congested or they could be doing upgrades. Xfinity has announced Docsis 4.0 and mid split upgrades. 

4 hours ago, Billbill said:

fter you reach a certain limit, they throttle your speed. They do this to deter people from running a web server or game server on a home-based internet connection. 

This is incorrect. I have never had issues with my connection being throttled. My friend also have Xfinity and pays for unlimited and I know they throw back that data, he also runs some game servers, but they are only for us and no one else. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Amen. I hate xfinity. My family has a 1tb data cap, and hollyyy crap do we ride the line near 1tb, as we stream our tv, as well as auto updates on pc's, my xbox, and security cameras. Whenever we get close to the limit, auto updates get turned off on game consoles and pc's because the price they charge when you go over is insane.

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

13 minutes ago, Billbill said:

If you take the time to read the Xfinity website, they clearly explain that they do throttle home internet connections. 

https://www.xfinity.com/policies/internet-broadband-disclosures

" Throttling

Comcast does not degrade or impair access to lawful Internet traffic on the basis of content, application, service, user, or use of a non-harmful device. Comcast does engage in reasonable network management practices described below and in our Network Management Information Center. "

Right from their terms of service. They might throttle their mobile services. While they admitted to throttling in the past, about the time the FCC put Net neutrality in to effect, they stopped. Furthermore Comcast does operate with in the borders of California which still have Net neutrality laws in effect. 

The only time they might have issue with data usage is around 10 TB, then you may get a call. Outside of that they dont care. If you have issues, its most likely due to congestion on that part of their network. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2022 at 6:53 PM, Dillpickle23422 said:

Amen. I hate xfinity. My family has a 1tb data cap, and hollyyy crap do we ride the line near 1tb, as we stream our tv, as well as auto updates on pc's, my xbox, and security cameras. Whenever we get close to the limit, auto updates get turned off on game consoles and pc's because the price they charge when you go over is insane.

Amen the suffering is big 

Just saw it posted that in order to get the faster uploads they are going to start offering, you will need to use Xfi complete, they dont offer any option for those with their own modem and router. Mind you these upload upgrades are only going to be in select areas at first.

8.5x11-Comcast_XFiComplete_SpeedIncrease_R8(2).jpg.01bc6a2f3f1ce043b6c5e32314d61233.jpg 

They also just upgraded my area with faster download speeds. Went from 300 Mbps to 400 Mbps. I figure a price increase announcement will happen in November or December and will go in to effect in January or February. 

1 minute ago, Billbill said:

I am going to guess that customers will have to use the XB8 or is there something newer?

All I know is you have to have Xfi complete added to your account. But according to the standard any Docsis 3.1 modem should be able to handle these faster speeds. On top of these upgrades, Docsis 4 upgrades are in the work. I think they are requiring Xfi complete just to force people to pay extra money for faster uploads without raising the prices too far on their plans. 

Just now, Billbill said:

I have seen cable trucks out on the roads and have noticed new equipment on the utility poles. Does Xfi complete stop the ability to login to the wireless gateway through a browser? 

Xfi complete is the $25 charge where they include the gateway and "Unlimited data". The new equipment they are installing possibly has to do with upload upgrades and or Docsis 4. As far as logging in via a browser, I think that they are just pushing all their gateways to the app. I do know some options are in the browser while many others are on the app. I personally dont use their equipment, and haven't used their equipment in at least 10 years. 

Certainly seems like we're way overdue for doing away with these monopoly ISP's.

1 minute ago, IPD said:

Certainly seems like we're way overdue for doing away with these monopoly ISP's.

I read some states are reviewing the laws forbidding muni broadband. I have seen in some areas the power companies are running Fiber and spinning up their own networks. I see stuff about co ops building networks. Things are starting to bust loose. While 5G is kinda meh in a lot of areas, it's still offering home internet.