Dual Monitors, One Screen

Somedude1234

I need help figuring out how to take my two external displays and making them one big screen. I have intel graphics, and I get the concept. The only problem is that I don't know how to do it. I have watched several videos on how to do it, but none seem to help. I could really use someone's help. Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, Somedude1234 said:

I need help figuring out how to take my two external displays and making them one big screen. I have intel graphics, and I get the concept. The only problem is that I don't know how to do it. I have watched several videos on how to do it, but none seem to help. I could really use someone's help. Thanks. 

Are the monitors already hooked up to your computer?  

Assuming you're running Windows 10:

The simple way is to just hit Windows Key + P and select "Extend" from the pop-up menu.  If you need some more advanced features, then right click on the desktop and select Display Settings.  You can then drag-drop your monitors in the window to layout which monitor goes on the left/right, which one is the primary display, etc.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

12 minutes ago, LapsedMemory said:

Are the monitors already hooked up to your computer?  

Assuming you're running Windows 10:

The simple way is to just hit Windows Key + P and select "Extend" from the pop-up menu.  If you need some more advanced features, then right click on the desktop and select Display Settings.  You can then drag-drop your monitors in the window to layout which monitor goes on the left/right, which one is the primary display, etc.

My monitors are hooked up, but I do not know how to make the window span across both of the monitors.

3 minutes ago, Somedude1234 said:

My monitors are hooked up, but I do not know how to make the window span across both of the monitors.

What OS are you running and how, exactly, do you have them hooked up?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

I actually have a laptop connecting to two external displays, one wireless, and one with an HDMI cord. Also, the OS is Windows 11

2 minutes ago, Somedude1234 said:

I actually have a laptop connecting to two external displays, one wireless, and one with an HDMI cord. Also, the OS is Windows 11

Do both monitors get a signal, you're just seeing the same thing on both of them?

Yes, they do get a signal, and yes they both show the same thing

Just now, Somedude1234 said:

Yes, they do get a signal, and yes they both show the same thing

What happens when you press <Windows Key + P> keyboard shortcut?  

When I click Windows+P, it brings up the project thing. I've been trying to do it this way a few times, but I don't know how to make it span across my displays

image_2022-10-03_101420379.thumb.png.4ac816812aaa85ba4e65dd10b1e2b3df.png

6 minutes ago, Somedude1234 said:

When I click Windows+P, it brings up the project thing. I've been trying to do it this way a few times, but I don't know how to make it span across my displays

image_2022-10-03_101420379.thumb.png.4ac816812aaa85ba4e65dd10b1e2b3df.png

Press on Extend in the projection menu.

Click on the "Extend" item on that pop-up.  Just under "Duplicate"

Just now, Somedude1234 said:

Ok. I set it to extend. What should I do now?

That should be all you need to do.   You should be able to drag and drop windows to the other monitor display.  

Try moving your mouse to the 4 edges of your main display, does it bleed over to the new monitor at any edges or is the cursor showing in both monitors at the same time?

Everything Works just fine. What i want to do is play Destiny 2 with two screens as one big screen. Besides that, it all works great!

18 minutes ago, Somedude1234 said:

Everything Works just fine. What i want to do is play Destiny 2 with two screens as one big screen. Besides that, it all works great!

Ah, that's a whole different can of worms.  

Based on what you have for hardware, I don't think this is currently possible.  You would need a special adapter that essentially combines the two monitors to a single resolution.  NVIDIA and AMD both have specific software tools to accomplish this without the adapter, and I don't believe those tools exist in Intel graphics.

Additionally, there will be a massive performance hit, even if you *can* do it, you probably shouldn't attempt it without a dedicated GPU of mid-level or higher performance, even for 1080p resolutions.  

4 minutes ago, LapsedMemory said:

Ah, that's a whole different can of worms.  

Based on what you have for hardware, I don't think this is currently possible.  You would need a special adapter that essentially combines the two monitors to a single resolution.  NVIDIA and AMD both have specific software tools to accomplish this without the adapter, and I don't believe those tools exist in Intel graphics.

Additionally, there will be a massive performance hit, even if you *can* do it, you probably shouldn't attempt it without a dedicated GPU of mid-level or higher performance, even for 1080p resolutions.  

Ah, ok. Well, I appreciate the help! Thanks.