PLEASE help, cant start pc because memory slot check

Hello!

i was messing around in BIOS and saw a intresting ram option that said ram error message(img 1), its description said it checks if the ram modules are in te correct places when you start up. i wanted to try it and sure enough the error popped up. i first moved the ram modules to the other slots and still error, then put them back, switched and checked, all of them had errors((img 2 is the mtb location). i choose to put 1 ram module into the best slot following the error and it worked(img 3), i switched the ram modules and it still worked. 

so when using 2 ram modules it says its not optimal(img 4), can someone help/explain this?

thx!!!

image.jpeg

IMG_20221002_193340494.jpg

IMG_20221002_194028178.jpg

IMG_20221002_194141146.jpg

You're supposed to use the grey slots, not the black slots. The board is likely a daisy chain, and daisy chains are optimized for the two slots further from the CPU in their respective memory channels (slots 1 and 2 are channel A, slots 3 and 4 are channel B, so you want to use slots 2 and 4 for dual channel in the optimal slots). 

Either way you probably want to just do a clear Cmos to remove that error check anyway. 

50 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

You're supposed to use the grey slots, not the black slots. The board is likely a daisy chain, and daisy chains are optimized for the two slots further from the CPU in their respective memory channels (slots 1 and 2 are channel A, slots 3 and 4 are channel B, so you want to use slots 2 and 4 for dual channel in the optimal slots). 

Either way you probably want to just do a clear Cmos to remove that error check anyway. 

i got the error away. but the motherboard and bios say that the black are the a1 and b1, and those are the optimal spots and the check says its not in the optimal spot, i put it there : / i am gonna check it again soon but it probably wont work