CPU stopped working with RAM

Gauzl

After over a year of use, my 5800X suddenly refuses to work with more than 1 stick of RAM. I confirmed it's the CPU because I've tested other RAM kits and a 3600X which all work. Any ideas why a CPU will suddenly do this and is it fixable?

Likely board and/or cpu dirty

Spray the back/dunk the cpu in 99% IPA and wait an hour for it to dry

Take off the socket retention on the mobo to reveal the golden pads of the socket and spray the socket and ram slots with 99% ipa then wait ~4 hours to dry, cover the socket and ram slots with something (tissue and paper works)

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Likely board and/or cpu dirty

Spray the back/dunk the cpu in 99% IPA and wait an hour for it to dry

Take off the socket retention on the mobo to reveal the golden pads of the socket and spray the socket and ram slots with 99% ipa then wait ~4 hours to dry, cover the socket and ram slots with something (tissue and paper works)

I genuinely don't believe that's the cause, like I said it works with another CPU and other ram sticks. The 5800x was in place for over a year without being moved.

1 hour ago, Gauzl said:

I genuinely don't believe that's the cause, like I said it works with another CPU and other ram sticks. The 5800x was in place for over a year without being moved.

Welp you wont really break anything since ive done this many many times to mobos often resulting in them being revived if the cause was filth so have a go at it and see, gotta try everything

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Welp you wont really break anything since ive done this many many times to mobos often resulting in them being revived if the cause was filth so have a go at it and see, gotta try everything

Is there a tutorial for removing the retention socket?