HELP... New GPU causing audio distortion/static through HDMI

Hello all,

My pc has been having really bad distortion/static when audio is playing. It will happen with all audio from the moment I start my pc (I.e. notification sounds, video playback, game audio etc.). My pc is plugged into my TV through the HDMI on the GPU for video and sound out. I have an RTX 3070Ti FE and it only happens with this card, not my last one which was a GTX 950. For example, when I watch youtube, the video will start completely distorted and after a while (10-20sec) the sound will go back to normal. However when I do anything whilst the video is playing in the background the distortion starts again.

I have tried so many things at this point. I bought a new HDMI 2.1 cable thinking that was the issue, but no fix. Reset everything on the pc, still no fix. Uninstalled and reinstalled Nvidia drivers with no luck. Even updated to windows 11 but that hasn't fixed anything. To check if it was my gpu, I put my old GTX 950 back in the pc and the issue disappeared, put my RTX 3070Ti back in and the issue is back. 

Does anyone have any advice because it is driving me mad, any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

What is the monitor TV?
Maybe it cannot handle the audio stream sample/bitrate.

Some might report higher then they can actually properly digest.
Try setting to lower one. (altho most if not all should be able to handle the CD quality numbers).

Screenshot_111.png

Screenshot_112.png

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

I have it plugged into an LG C1, I've tried all the bitrates except FM quality and the problem still persists. I tried LatencyMon to see what it said, but it didn't identify the issue properly as I changed my CPU minimum state to 100% and it didn't fix the problem.

2022-09-30 (5).png

2022-09-30 (4).png

After having a look at LatencyMon, it looks like the issue is the Kernel Mode Driver Framework, is there any fix to this or to disable/rollback/update this?

576507895_2022-09-30(6).png

Okay,

So after doing so may different things, such as uninstalling game ready drivers, installing studio drivers, disabling HPET, changing bios versions, going through Nvidia Control panel and managing 3d settings (Low latency mode and power management mode) as well as windows control power and setting max performance on everything etc, i finally found the fix.

My system was running in auto select pcie in the bios, my mobo and GPU are both pcie 4, however my riser cable is only pcie 3. after manually changing to pcie 3 in bios all of the issues have gone. the system has no abnormal latency now and no distortion or static when playing audio.

18 hours ago, Theo2890 said:

Okay,

So after doing so may different things, such as uninstalling game ready drivers, installing studio drivers, disabling HPET, changing bios versions, going through Nvidia Control panel and managing 3d settings (Low latency mode and power management mode) as well as windows control power and setting max performance on everything etc, i finally found the fix.

My system was running in auto select pcie in the bios, my mobo and GPU are both pcie 4, however my riser cable is only pcie 3. after manually changing to pcie 3 in bios all of the issues have gone. the system has no abnormal latency now and no distortion or static when playing audio.

Oh thank you very much for coming back to this, you can mark your own comment as the answer so anyone else with the problem can find the answer quickly. 👍

Sorry i couldn't be of more help. Thanks again for reporting back.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!