Motherboard WiFi vs My PCIE Network Adapter.

Vibora
Go to solution Solved by GorujoCY,

I say you can start using the onboard wifi and you could actually sell your previous card to a little lower price than new and you can make a buck while also using the onboard

at least that's how I would go about it,

what Wifi protocol is your router using? if it's WiFi 5 you can choose either one but WiFi 6 does get improvements over WiFi 5 but your choice, if you have WiFi 5 router/modem you won't benefit that kuch from your onboard WiFi 6

Hey guys, im looking to upgrade my system soon and I noticed there are less high tier motherboards with a PCIE x1 slots. But I also noticed these Motherboards have this WIFI 6 802.11ax connection on the I/O and I heard the come with a WiFi adapter. My question is, I have a ASUS PCE-AC58BT and should I stick with it and go for a Motherboard with a PCIE x1 slot that is lower tier or should I go with this "inboard WiFi" they offer?

I say you can start using the onboard wifi and you could actually sell your previous card to a little lower price than new and you can make a buck while also using the onboard

what Wifi protocol is your router using? if it's WiFi 5 you can choose either one but WiFi 6 does get improvements over WiFi 5 but your choice, if you have WiFi 5 router/modem you won't benefit that kuch from your onboard WiFi 6

Edited by GorujoCY

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

2 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

Not sure about the protocol but Id assume 5

If you have onboard wifi 6/6e, and and ethernet jack, then IDK wtf you'd go with anything else.