Jump to content

Is 755w enough for a 850w SeaSonic FOCUS

dito2000
 Share

On PC part picker it say they my computer is estimated to use 755 watts. I have a  SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply and it say that it is enough. I saw that it good to keep some headroom for your computer but I also saw that if you have a good power supply then you should be ok . should I stick with the 850w or try to upgrade to something higher. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dito2000 said:

On PC part picker it say they my computer is estimated to use 755 watts. I have a  SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply and it say that it is enough. I saw that it good to keep some headroom for your computer but I also saw that if you have a good power supply then you should be ok . should I stick with the 850w or try to upgrade to something higher. 

Depends on system power draw spikes but (in my unprofessional opinion) you might be good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it be easier to say what components you're planning to use?

PC Part Picker can inflate the numbers a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Berinejo said:

Depends on system power draw spikes but (in my unprofessional opinion) you might be good

is there a way to check my system power draw spikes 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Wouldn't it be easier to say what components you're planning to use?

PC Part Picker can inflate the numbers a bit.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/j6bgpH

 

this is my current build and so far. its does good with my graphics/animation and video editing. but I would like to play games on occasion and I know dependent on the games it can use quite a bit of power and that were my worries comes in 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, dito2000 said:

Definitely don't get the Focus for a 3090. Besides being loud, having a crappy fan, rudimentary fan control, thin wires, low end cable terminals, in cable capacitors, and lying about the temperature rating, it's also known for shutting down with high end graphics cards.

 

If you're in the US, the GF1 850W is available for $105. It's kind of loud at higher loads, but should be fine otherwise.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/P7pmP6/thermaltake-toughpower-gf1-pe-850-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ps-tpd-0850fnfagu-1

:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up with a Fractal ION+ 860W for my 5950X/6800XT machine.

 

850W, especially if you get a Platinum or Titanium PSU, should be enough for that. The only reason I would suggest bumping that up is if you decide to throw a handful of HDD's in your machine, then you might want to bump it up to 1000W.

 

My suggestion is also to look at the Fractal ION+ 860W, but it's up to you.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

 

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×