Is 755w enough for a 850w SeaSonic FOCUS

dito2000

On PC part picker it say they my computer is estimated to use 755 watts. I have a  SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply and it say that it is enough. I saw that it good to keep some headroom for your computer but I also saw that if you have a good power supply then you should be ok . should I stick with the 850w or try to upgrade to something higher. 

3 minutes ago, dito2000 said:

On PC part picker it say they my computer is estimated to use 755 watts. I have a  SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply and it say that it is enough. I saw that it good to keep some headroom for your computer but I also saw that if you have a good power supply then you should be ok . should I stick with the 850w or try to upgrade to something higher. 

Depends on system power draw spikes but (in my unprofessional opinion) you might be good

Wouldn't it be easier to say what components you're planning to use?

PC Part Picker can inflate the numbers a bit.

3 minutes ago, Berinejo said:

Depends on system power draw spikes but (in my unprofessional opinion) you might be good

is there a way to check my system power draw spikes 

17 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Wouldn't it be easier to say what components you're planning to use?

PC Part Picker can inflate the numbers a bit.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/j6bgpH

this is my current build and so far. its does good with my graphics/animation and video editing. but I would like to play games on occasion and I know dependent on the games it can use quite a bit of power and that were my worries comes in 

17 minutes ago, dito2000 said:

Definitely don't get the Focus for a 3090. Besides being loud, having a crappy fan, rudimentary fan control, thin wires, low end cable terminals, in cable capacitors, and lying about the temperature rating, it's also known for shutting down with high end graphics cards.

If you're in the US, the GF1 850W is available for $105. It's kind of loud at higher loads, but should be fine otherwise.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/P7pmP6/thermaltake-toughpower-gf1-pe-850-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ps-tpd-0850fnfagu-1

:)

I ended up with a Fractal ION+ 860W for my 5950X/6800XT machine.

850W, especially if you get a Platinum or Titanium PSU, should be enough for that. The only reason I would suggest bumping that up is if you decide to throw a handful of HDD's in your machine, then you might want to bump it up to 1000W.

My suggestion is also to look at the Fractal ION+ 860W, but it's up to you.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022