New bought battery draining really fast

Wisky

I recently bought a ROG zephrous g14 and my battery has been a problem. Sometimes (rarely) the windows setting battery page shows 8 hours of battery life (which is great) and for the most part, my battery will drain in like only 2hour. (I'm doin the same thing on my laptop: browsing website and working with office app). I tested with all apps closed and my laptop is still hot. Task manager shows nothing with below 5% cpu useage. Any idea what's going on in the background?

24 minutes ago, Wisky said:

I recently bought a ROG zephrous g14 and my battery has been a problem. Sometimes (rarely) the windows setting battery page shows 8 hours of battery life (which is great) and for the most part, my battery will drain in like only 2hour. (I'm doin the same thing on my laptop: browsing website and working with office app). I tested with all apps closed and my laptop is still hot. Task manager shows nothing with below 5% cpu useage. Any idea what's going on in the background?

could you run powercfg /batteryreport in cmd?

you may also do powercfg /energy and wait like 60 seconds; it will monitor your power usage and give you more information in an html file.