KVM Solution

Halfdan

I'm looking for a KVM solution for this setup:

Dualmonitor:

i use DP on both.

Input 1:

• desktop gaming PC Nvidia 2080 (2x DP connected to the monitors) I use it for gaming, so i need the 144hz and Gsync on the Mainmonitor.

Input 2:

• Laptop from Lenovo, i also have this Dockingstation. It has also 2x DP

Maybes:

• would be nice if it's possible to switch devices with the Keyboard or something (or even better start the needed one) probably they never run both at the same time.

Is this possible? Which KVM would you recommend?

What's your budget?

LTT continually name-drops levle1techs as the KVM linus is using at his house:

1.4 Display Port KVM Switch - Dual Monitor - Two Computer — Level 1 Techs

They are a bit pricey, but it seems to have all your features.  For a higher budget, they have a powered USBc version so you can charge your laptop with it if you have a USBc laptop charger.  

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

Thanks, already checked this one out, tought maybe there is a cheaper one. But Propably i have to stick to one of these.

The USB c Variant i don't need, because the Dockingstation charges the laptop 🙂

4 minutes ago, Halfdan said:

Thanks, already checked this one out, tought maybe there is a cheaper one. But Propably i have to stick to one of these.

The USB c Variant i don't need, because the Dockingstation charges the laptop 🙂

There's a bunch in the $90 range on Amazon, but nearly all of them are HDMI.  The dual displayport models seem to fall in the >$400 range of the Level1Tech

monoprice has one with dual DisplayPort for $90, but most of the reviews seem to all follow the same pattern: "Only one I could find with 2 displayport outputs that wasn't expensive, works mostly, has trouble always reliably switching inputs."

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T