What to look out for if water is in PSU

I left my PC beside an open window when it rained (was rushing out of the house to help with an emergency). 

When I got back the side of my PC was really wet but after inspecting the internals, the side panel looked to take most of the water and the inside of the PC was dry. 

I immediately cut power to the power bar and dried the drenched table and everything connected. 
I didn't believe any water should have gotten into my system so after unplugging the system and throwing lots of silica packs into the system and blowdrying the PSU for a few minutes I powered it on for abit to see if there was anything off (this was because I thought everything was dry). After a minute or two, I began hearing a low humming sound I've never heard from my system before. 

I've since, shut down the system, took out the PSU unit and threw it in a bag with some silica packs. 

I am wondering how to figure out if my PSU has been water damaged. 
How long should I keep my PSU in the silica drying bag for, and what symptoms would appear if it was water damaged?

Probably a couple days but ive never used this method to dry electronics so idk.

One thing I do know for sure is keep it powered off until then, you risk doing further damage. Also attempt to dry any other components you think could have water inside, like IO on the motherboard.

Also move the pc to a safer location if possible so it doesnt happen again.

PC Specifications: Intel i9-14900KF, 5.8GHz all core locked, 5GHz ring, 1.35v High LLC, E-cores and HT disabled | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Thermal Grizzly contact frame | 2x16 G.Skill Trident Z5 7400MHz 34-44-44-34 1T 1.45v (Tuned Subtimings, Hynix A-Die) | Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX | Windows 10/11 EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Phanteks P400A (Black non-rgb version, Phanteks T30 fans 3 intake (On AIO), 1 exhaust) | SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIE 4.0 (Boot drive), Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SATA

Displays: MSI MAG 271QPX 1440p 360Hz 27" QD-OLED | LG UltraGear 27GP950-B, 4K 144Hz (@120hz) 27" IPS

Desktop Audio: STAX SR-007 MK2 Electrostatic Headphones | STAX SRM-400S Amp | Schiit Bifrost 2/64 (NOS mode, USB in, XLR out)

Mobile Audio: Sennheiser IE 900 IEMs w/ 4.4mm cable | FiiO KA13 "Desktop mode" Disabled

Peripherals: Razer Huntsman V2 Full size wired with linear optical switch | Logitech G502 Hero

Drying takes 2-4 days (i dunk boards in water as a last resort to fix em so thats how i know), but im not sure if silica packs do anything (prob not)

As long as its fully discharged there shouldnt be any damage

4 minutes ago, rippy4500 said:

Probably a couple days but ive never used this method to dry electronics so idk.

One thing I do know for sure is keep it powered off until then, you risk doing further damage. Also attempt to dry any other components you think could have water inside, like IO on the motherboard.

Also move the pc to a safer location if possible so it doesnt happen again.

Sadly the lay out of my room doesnt allow for that. Im just going to never open the window again!!!

6 hours ago, HonestyLL said:

Sadly the lay out of my room doesnt allow for that. Im just going to never open the window again!!!

Leave the system to dry for a couple days.

You can protect it by puttinf a small table, sheld,... whatever over it Just have a good gap for airflow.

-a fellow pc is at the window person thats gotten it wet many times

Get a tub of RV desiccant, pop the top off it, get a plastic tub that has a gasket seal large enough for the PSU and the RV dry, toss 'em both in for a few days, and that'll dry it out 100%.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

I tend to lay the parts in front of my space heater for a few hours. If it’s just water. If not I use alcohol to clean then dry it. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz