Hard drive not showing

iNalga

I have an hard drive that i am trying to install windows on for another pc but i can't seem to find it when i install it on the computer and even when i install it on my main pc i have look up and down done a lot of things but can't seem to find a solution. doesn't show in cmp,files or disk management. it did show on the bios of the computer i was trying to install it on but not on my main pc. I did all the thing this said to do but no luck. anyone have an idea what could it be? it  was working fine but i was trying to do a clean install on the hard drive do to some possible spy wear from the user.

hard drive.PNG

If it isn't showing up then it is one of 3 things:
1) drive isnt properly connected or the port it is plugged in to doesn't support the drive
2) There is an issue with the port or the cable being used
3) There is an issue with the drive itself. 

Hard drives can just die. They will show up in bios but not in disk management. 

Does the drive show up in task manager? 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

On 9/26/2022 at 11:10 PM, Pickles von Brine said:

If it isn't showing up then it is one of 3 things:
1) drive isnt properly connected or the port it is plugged in to doesn't support the drive
2) There is an issue with the port or the cable being used
3) There is an issue with the drive itself. 

Hard drives can just die. They will show up in bios but not in disk management. 

Does the drive show up in task manager? 

Sorry late reply was busy with stuff but no it does not show. only place i saw it was on the build i am trying to put it in in the bios but i couldnt boot from it

Have you installed an OS on it or are just trying to add the drive for additional storage? If you are just trying to use the drive and it isn't showing up then the drive is dead jim. Do you have anything on the drive that is important?

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

14 hours ago, Pickles von Brine said:

Have you installed an OS on it or are just trying to add the drive for additional storage? If you are just trying to use the drive and it isn't showing up then the drive is dead jim. Do you have anything on the drive that is important?

okay thank you very much for the help. it ended up being the port on the mobo itself the problem so i got it fix now its working thank you again

8 hours ago, iNalga said:

okay thank you very much for the help. it ended up being the port on the mobo itself the problem so i got it fix now its working thank you again

Okay that is good news.