AMD Ryzen 7000 Zen4 “Raphael” Desktop CPU Review Roundup: Ryzen 5 7600X, Ryzen 7 7700X, Ryzen 9 7900X & Ryzen 9 7950X Thoroughly Benchmarked

5 minutes ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

How's the desktop experience in Windows 11 so far with the CPU? Snappy, responsive, etc.?

Yep! Not really any different than my last system though as that was Win 11 as well, been on it on a few systems since last October when it released. 

So do we want windows 11 for new CPUs for the core scheduler?  Better performance?

CPU:                       Motherboard:                Graphics:                                 Ram:                            Screen:

i9-13900KS   Asus z790 HERO      ASUS TUF 4090 OC    GSkill 7600 DDR5       ASUS 48" OLED 138hz

3 minutes ago, Shzzit said:

So do we want windows 11 for new CPUs for the core scheduler?  Better performance?

That was an issue early after the Alder Lake release due to their P-core/E-core arrangement and overall impact of being on 10 wasn't that huge. 10 was patched to better handle them not long after. Ultimately you need 11 to fully take advantage of those chips but Zen4 is a more traditional arrangement of all the same cores. 

That being said, there is no real reason not to use 11, I've had no issues across 4 systems now for over a year.

3 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

That was an issue early after the Alder Lake release due to their P-core/E-core arrangement and overall impact of being on 10 wasn't that huge. 10 was patched to better handle them not long after. Ultimately you need 11 to fully take advantage of those chips but Zen4 is a more traditional arrangement of all the same cores. 

That being said, there is no real reason not to use 11, I've had no issues across 4 systems now for over a year.

Nice thanks, windows 11 it is. 

CPU:                       Motherboard:                Graphics:                                 Ram:                            Screen:

i9-13900KS   Asus z790 HERO      ASUS TUF 4090 OC    GSkill 7600 DDR5       ASUS 48" OLED 138hz