Power Cycling I think?

ballsdeep69

Recently upgraded my pc. I have an asrock b450 pro4 rev 1.01. Went from a 2600 to a 5700x. Updated the bios and drivers. The computer runs fine normally except for when I try to launch some games. Whenever I try launching any Call of Duty game or fall guys, screen goes black, fans ramp up and the pc restarts. No blue screen or error code. I dont believe its a component issue as other games and stress tests work just fine. Have been able to play forza horizons 5, r6 siege, csgo and apex legends on high settings. Have also done cpu and gpu tests to increase power draw to see if its a power supply issue and everything worked fine. I've also tried checking the connectors to make sure they aren't loose. Checked cpu and gpu temps neither of which went above 70 degrees under load. Cpu isn't overclocked. Running fully stock with a hyper 212 cooler. Have also tried reinstalling and verifying game files for the specific games that aren't working. 

Specs:

Ryzen 7 5700x not overclocked

Corsair 550watt psu

msi rtx 2070 

asrock b450 pro4 rev 1.01

16gb gskill trident z running at 3000mhz in dual channel

Running windows 10 64 bit version 21h2

Bios version is 5.00

39 minutes ago, ballsdeep69 said:

Recently upgraded my pc. I have an asrock b450 pro4 rev 1.01. Went from a 2600 to a 5700x. Updated the bios and drivers. The computer runs fine normally except for when I try to launch some games. Whenever I try launching any Call of Duty game or fall guys, screen goes black, fans ramp up and the pc restarts. No blue screen or error code. I dont believe its a component issue as other games and stress tests work just fine. Have been able to play forza horizons 5, r6 siege, csgo and apex legends on high settings. Have also done cpu and gpu tests to increase power draw to see if its a power supply issue and everything worked fine. I've also tried checking the connectors to make sure they aren't loose. Checked cpu and gpu temps neither of which went above 70 degrees under load. Cpu isn't overclocked. Running fully stock with a hyper 212 cooler. Have also tried reinstalling and verifying game files for the specific games that aren't working. 

Specs:

Ryzen 7 5700x not overclocked

Corsair 550watt psu

msi rtx 2070 

asrock b450 pro4 rev 1.01

16gb gskill trident z running at 3000mhz in dual channel

Running windows 10 64 bit version 21h2

Bios version is 5.00

I'm not an expert on AMD but if I assume its like Intel it may be a microcode issue where those specific games are accessing features on your cpu that aren't working properly.

Try Updating it again and the backup bios also.

14 minutes ago, FrostX said:

I'm not an expert on AMD but if I assume its like Intel it may be a microcode issue where those specific games are accessing features on your cpu that aren't working properly.

Try Updating it again and the backup bios also.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried flashing the bios again and made sure its running the latest version. Unfortunately the it hasn't fixed anything from what I can tell.