Can I daisy chain any RGB fans together?

AliOrange
Go to solution Solved by thrasher_565,
1 hour ago, AliOrange said:

Hi,

So I have 2 MSI ARGB fans that came with a now broken MSI MAG Coreliquid AIO. They both use a 5v 3pin connector and until now I have had them daisy chained and connected into the JRainbow socket on the MOBO. I want to add more ARGB fans to my case but do not need to have much control over the colour patterns. Can I just buy any ARGB fans from different brands and daisy chain these in? How do I know which fans have which connectors/can be daisy chained?

Also, is there an easy way to avoid using a controller as I would rather save money and just daisy chain things.

Thanks

the JRainbow socket on the MOBO is the controller if you got say an usb controller that would add more controllable connectors kinda like have more connectors on the mb

ya you can daisy chain as long as the connectors work with each other and you dont go over your mb argb voltage rating. if then connectors are different you need to find adapters or make your own / cut them of and re wire different connectors on it.

Hi,

So I have 2 MSI ARGB fans that came with a now broken MSI MAG Coreliquid AIO. They both use a 5v 3pin connector and until now I have had them daisy chained and connected into the JRainbow socket on the MOBO. I want to add more ARGB fans to my case but do not need to have much control over the colour patterns. Can I just buy any ARGB fans from different brands and daisy chain these in? How do I know which fans have which connectors/can be daisy chained?

Also, is there an easy way to avoid using a controller as I would rather save money and just daisy chain things.

Thanks

1 hour ago, AliOrange said:

Hi,

Thanks

the JRainbow socket on the MOBO is the controller if you got say an usb controller that would add more controllable connectors kinda like have more connectors on the mb

ya you can daisy chain as long as the connectors work with each other and you dont go over your mb argb voltage rating. if then connectors are different you need to find adapters or make your own / cut them of and re wire different connectors on it.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Not many aRGB fan offers aRGB daisy chaining to my knowledge. Most of them are consider end point.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

10 hours ago, AliOrange said:

MSI MAG Coreliquid AIO

btw MSI having recall on their AIO, you can check

https://ca.msi.com/Landing/liquid-cooler-swap-application

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

Thanks for the answers. I ended up finding some Artic fans, which they actually advertise as daisy chain compatible.

1 hour ago, fonzz1e said:

btw MSI having recall on their AIO, you can check

https://ca.msi.com/Landing/liquid-cooler-swap-application

And yes, I actually saw this. It's annoying but at least it should get replaced.

42 minutes ago, AliOrange said:

Artic fans

Arctic P12 pwm argb 0db ?

i use them on a build before, they're good & they do daisy chain RGB effects

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

3 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

Arctic P12 pwm argb 0db ?

i use them on a build before, they're good & they do daisy chain RGB effects

yes exactly. Great to know they work well!