I can't recall an email in Outlook for Windows(using imap in Outlook)

I am a junior IT admin in a startup company, my colleague asked me why she can't recall an email in her Outlook for Windows. System told her an attempt to recall an email has failed.

We are using cPanel to manage website and webmail, i am not sure is it relating to cpanel plan we subscribed.

I tried to recall an email sent to my personal gmail account from my company email but failed , but when i tried to recall an email sent to my company email from my gmail account it works, i have no idea.

Does anyone know why?

It even notified my personal gmail account i was trying to recall an email hahaha

If the recipient has read the msg, you cannot recall it. Are you sure that this person isn't trying to recall a message that has already been read?

10 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

If the recipient has read the msg, you cannot recall it. Are you sure that this person isn't trying to recall a message that has already been read?

actually even when i tested on my own, i couldn't recall the message that hasn't been read

IIRC recalling is highly dependent on the recipient's email system. If its Outlook on the same network, much better chance of it working but there are conditions that can prevent it. If you're trying to recall to someone not using Outlook, good luck. 

Few conditions listed at the bottom of this article. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/recall-or-replace-an-email-message-that-you-sent-35027f88-d655-4554-b4f8-6c0729a723a0