Electrical sparking sound from Seasonic PSU - Need Help for repair

My PSU is making this weird electrical sparking sounds, that varies acording to the system load....
It's a Seasonic Snowsilent 1050W Platinum Full Modular SS-1050XP3. I bought it in 2016, so technically it has warrant, but I've already opened it, so I guess its void.
I think that it's probably one component, but I can't identify it.
If someone can point me in the right direction (capacitor,transformer,etc..), it will save me a ton of time. 

Ok, before anything, lemme tell you making your PSU work like that top open and coming in close with the cam is VERY dangerous. You can get electrocuted, hurt, pass out or even die from the current that big thing holds. 

From what it sounds like, this PSU needs a REPLACEMENT and NOT a FIX.

12 minutes ago, RobertoVJR said:

but I've already opened it, so I guess its void.

Actually, that’s illegal- “warranty void if opened/removed” stickers are illegal and unenforceable. You can RMA it, and if you are denied threaten legal action. They will almost certainly allow you to RMA it.

3 minutes ago, NF-A12x25 said:

Actually, that’s illegal- “warranty void if opened/removed” stickers are illegal and unenforceable. You can RMA it, and if you are denied threaten legal action. They will almost certainly allow you to RMA it.

...lol, no.

*sighs* Why, oh why, do people ignore these stickers that say "no user servicable components inside"? OP, you are taking serious chances with your life messing with this thing. RMA it if you can, replace it if you must. Electricity is nothing to play around with.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

7 minutes ago, Motifator said:

So? They're still there,

They are both illegal and unenforceable, as I said. They are *there,* yes, but companies can and have been censured for them in the past. The MMWA is active and enforceable.

no company gives a shit about that no-source.

What do you mean by no-source, and how is a company knowing they can get away with something most of the time relevant? They put the stickers there as a deterrent for people who don’t know better. Do they usually get away with it? Yes. Is it illegal? Still yes.

Just now, NF-A12x25 said:

They are both illegal and unenforceable, as I said. They are *there,* yes, but companies can and have been censured for them in the past. The MMWA is active and enforceable.

What do you mean by no-source, and how is a company knowing they can get away with something most of the time relevant?

Well then, give your good luck to the OP for taking the company to court for what he's been doing.

On the meanwhile, if you ever dealt with the court, you would know how it is... especially when you're not actually fully the one with the advantage.

Just buying a new PSU for 70 bucks is the way here, don't be stupid.

2 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Well then, give your good luck to the OP for taking the company to court for what he's been doing.

you don’t need to take them to court, it’s as easy as letting the company know that you know the law and 99% of the time there is no further complaint.

2 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Certainly not if it’s as easy as sending a semi-threatening email. I have done it and it works. I sense that this is the first time you’ve heard of the MMWA and you’re rationalizing your initial response.

Just now, NF-A12x25 said:

you don’t need to take them to court, it’s as easy as letting the company know that you know the law and 99% of the time there is no further complaint.

Certainly not if it’s as easy as sending a semi-threatening email. 

Ok but why? Do you feel the need to threat every company that puts the sticker on your products? This makes little sense. Also, why did he even open it for? What gives, what even was the point? Given how he's coming in up close with the cam, it's obvious that the OP has no clue what he's doing and there's a massive danger in making it work like that. Even if he doesn't touch it, the thing sounds like it could pop any time....

20 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

*sighs* Why, oh why, do people ignore these stickers that say "no user servicable components inside"? OP, you are taking serious chances with your life messing with this thing. RMA it if you can, replace it if you must. Electricity is nothing to play around with.

if you know what you are doing, there is no reason not to. almost no such thing as "no user serviceable components". i have fixed a variety of issues in too many psu's to count for various electronics over the years. i would agree that the majority of people shouldn't just crack open a psu on a whim though.

I've got the popcorn ready for this warranty fight though.

1 minute ago, bmx6454 said:

if you know what you are doing, there is no reason not to. almost no such thing as "no user serviceable components". i have fixed a variety of issues in too many psu's to count for various electronics over the years. i would agree that the majority of people shouldn't just crack open a psu on a whim though.

Sure, it's mostly re-capping though. This should be done when the unit is out of warranty, and when you definitely know what you're doing. Deeper sections of PSU repair is not as easy as it sounds and most of the time shouldn't be dealt with when a deal on a new PSU is available. Not just for the work, but also given how sensitive of a component the PSU is.

Just now, Motifator said:

Sure, it's mostly re-capping though. This should be done when the unit is out of warranty, and when you definitely know what you're doing. Deeper sections of PSU repair is not as easy as it sounds and most of the time shouldn't be dealt with when a deal on a new PSU is available. Not just for the work, but also given how sensitive of a component the PSU is.

i would also agree with this. most psu's i have repaired are in consoles and tv's, usually psu's for pc's aren't worth it if out of warranty.

12 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Do you feel the need to threat every company that puts the sticker on your products?

Only if I have previously opened the product, broken the stickers (I attempt to remove them without breaking them) and then want a warranty which is denied. In this scenario, it’s a good idea to attempt to RMA it, and if it’s denied (and only then) it is prudent to send an email informing the company that you know your rights as a consumer.

Ok but why?

Good PSUs are expensive, and if by sending a 5 minute email you can save the cost of one, it’s totally worth it. A penny saved is a penny earned.

2 hours ago, Motifator said:

Ok, before anything, lemme tell you making your PSU work like that top open and coming in close with the cam is VERY dangerous. You can get electrocuted, hurt, pass out or even die from the current that big thing holds. 

From what it sounds like, this PSU needs a REPLACEMENT and NOT a FIX.

Sorry, I didn't mentioned... I fix UPS boards, I know how to handle a power circuit and all the dangers...

1 hour ago, NF-A12x25 said:

Only if I have previously opened the product, broken the stickers (I attempt to remove them without breaking them) and then want a warranty which is denied. In this scenario, it’s a good idea to attempt to RMA it, and if it’s denied (and only then) it is prudent to send an email informing the company that you know your rights as a consumer.

Good PSUs are expensive, and if by sending a 5 minute email you can save the cost of one, it’s totally worth it. A penny saved is a penny earned.

And I'm from Brazil, so I have to pay the shipping to Seasonic, if I would RMA it.
Based on my experiences when fixing other types of PSUs, it's always one or two components that are faulty.

Thanks for the replys!!

2 hours ago, Motifator said:

On the meanwhile, if you ever dealt with the court, you would know how it is... especially when you're not actually fully the one with the advantage.

I don't think I can bring this to court, because I'm from another country...

I have already bought a replacement PSU, but the Seasonic is way better.. It's working perfectly but the noise is unbearable.

I'll send Seasonic an e-mail explaining everything... and let's see what happens...

13 hours ago, RobertoVJR said:

I have already bought a replacement PSU, but the Seasonic is way better.. It's working perfectly but the noise is unbearable.

I'll send Seasonic an e-mail explaining everything... and let's see what happens...

Being better of the PSU does not give you any advantages maybe save for some fan noise, which is not going to be an issue likely with your new PSU as long as it is good. Modern PSUs even do passive. You might be fixing UPS'es, but UPS'es use lead acid batteries typically and have different topologies. Again, you should NOT zoom in and out to the PSU like that when it's working. It's a big unit so the charge it holds is also big. Once you touch a transformer or primary cap, you can instantly die. This is no joke. It's happened to a 12 years old girl and came up on JGuru news back in the day. She opened her TX750 for enjoyment purposes, touched some parts and died right away...

Especially given that this unit has a horrible electrical bearing noise, my suggestion would be just SHELVING it. Using it like that won't just potentially hurt your ears. It might also break something else, because that kind of transformer or coil failure might make that unit explode under load. Several protections might not hold... you never know. It IS dangerous. Do NOT use that PSU, especially top open. You come close and a coil will spark under computer load, say it splashes on your face. You will forever have a scar on your face or even worse, lose your eye or something. This is the most extreme case, but these happen from time to time.

Use your new PSU, that's all.