Retro LTT

It’s been along time since I have wanted or needed to build a computer. as a few years ago I helped a friend that ran a computer store(since retired)  and my payment was a corei7 7700k and a 1080ti… but 2 weeks ago I had a major scare of water running down my running computer. While waiting for everything to be cleaned and dried as well as thermal paste to show up… got me thinking about what I would upgrade to. I’ve been watching LTT since gtx400 days and built my first computer by going to NCIX and finding stuff I liked and watching the unboxing videos on pretty much every product. And that made me miss the old days. Motherboard, gpu, cooler, case unboxing videos. I understand why he changed his videos and I love the new content but trying to build a computer when I havnt paid that much attention to new hardware and cases is difficult haha, Ncix was smart for those unboxing videos! Made life easy for picking mother boards and cases! 

just curious who all remembers these days and want to Remises.

41 minutes ago, garrett9505 said:

It’s been along time since I have wanted or needed to build a computer. as a few years ago I helped a friend that ran a computer store(since retired)  and my payment was a corei7 7700k and a 1080ti… but 2 weeks ago I had a major scare of water running down my running computer. While waiting for everything to be cleaned and dried as well as thermal paste to show up… got me thinking about what I would upgrade to. I’ve been watching LTT since gtx400 days and built my first computer by going to NCIX and finding stuff I liked and watching the unboxing videos on pretty much every product. And that made me miss the old days. Motherboard, gpu, cooler, case unboxing videos. I understand why he changed his videos and I love the new content but trying to build a computer when I havnt paid that much attention to new hardware and cases is difficult haha, Ncix was smart for those unboxing videos! Made life easy for picking mother boards and cases! 

just curious who all remembers these days and want to Remises.

i remember back in the house that slick wanted to do rad testing but that never seen the light of day... it there go to be something bigger going on then needing 80+ people to edit and film videos? i think he still only post one a day? and alot of video ideas are probably viewers or his team. i lost interested in the videos as there too may ads... not only that it seem like alot is paid reviews or alot of info is missing or test done too fast imo ya i get he dose not specialize in anything now well there other channels just for one thing.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

i remember back in the house that slick wanted to do rad testing but that never seen the light of day... it there go to be something bigger going on then needing 80+ people to edit and film videos? i think he still only post one a day? and alot of video ideas are probably viewers or his team. i lost interested in the videos as there too may ads... not only that it seem like alot is paid reviews or alot of info is missing or test done too fast imo ya i get he dose not specialize in anything now well there other channels just for one thing.

This is true, but he is running a business and if this is maximizing his profit you would do it as well. I just wish they opened another channels for unboxing and me merry express/micro centre could pay for it or supply product and they can post the videos on the product page.. i miss that part of Ncix like no tomorrow, especially for computer cases 

On 9/12/2022 at 7:42 PM, garrett9505 said:

This is true, but he is running a business and if this is maximizing his profit you would do it as well. I just wish they opened another channels for unboxing and me merry express/micro centre could pay for it or supply product and they can post the videos on the product page.. i miss that part of Ncix like no tomorrow, especially for computer cases 

I second this.

The old NCIXtechtips and LTT had lots of videos like that which I really miss. They had a perfect blend of showing us the product in a short and informative way, quick at a glance impression, bits of interesting info here and there, and a sprinkle of jokes. 

Ever since LTT moved away from that kind of videos it's been hard to scratch that itch. I thought they would make that kind of content again on short circuit, but it seems like short circuit videos are growing more like LTT content every day.

I'm just thankful that the worst part is over. The period of crazy clickbait title, and making video purely for the none enthusiasts crowd that period.

The past year or two of videos has mostly been interesting, I don't skip their uploads as often as I did before, but seriously I can only watch linus build a computer with someone for sooooo many times before I loose interest. 

I have high hopes for the lab, as that will likely inject some interesting information in all of LTT videos every now and then.

Tho I do miss the less over produced more genuine videos of yesteryear. I've come to terms that they as a company has grown out of making those videos and have moved on. 

2 hours ago, ThousandBlade said:

I second this.

The old NCIXtechtips and LTT had lots of videos like that which I really miss. They had a perfect blend of showing us the product in a short and informative way, quick at a glance impression, bits of interesting info here and there, and a sprinkle of jokes. 

Ever since LTT moved away from that kind of videos it's been hard to scratch that itch. I thought they would make that kind of content again on short circuit, but it seems like short circuit videos are growing more like LTT content every day.

I'm just thankful that the worst part is over. The period of crazy clickbait title, and making video purely for the none enthusiasts crowd that period.

The past year or two of videos has mostly been interesting, I don't skip their uploads as often as I did before, but seriously I can only watch linus build a computer with someone for sooooo many times before I loose interest. 

I have high hopes for the lab, as that will likely inject some interesting information in all of LTT videos every now and then.

Tho I do miss the less over produced more genuine videos of yesteryear. I've come to terms that they as a company has grown out of making those videos and have moved on. 

Fair enough, I have noticed I stopped watching except for a vid here and there to watching 80% of the videos. I’m excited for the lab and what they have planned!