New Asrock Phantom Gaming 4 X570 Bootlooping with 5600X but posts fine with 3200G

Hi all,

Just bought a remanufactured Asrock Phantom Gaming 4 X570 motherboard to swap my old Asus Prime B450M-A for (so it can go in a second system). However, upon swapping all the components over, it will not post with that CPU installed. It has the CPU and Memory lights on on the board and just seems to power on for a minute or so then stop and immediatly power itself back on. There is no display output (off the GTX1060) during this.

However, when I installed my old 3200G into it (took it out of the case and just test benched it with an old Enermax 400W PSU and stock cooler), it posts fine with the onboard graphics (even booted into windows). I checked with this CPU and the BIOS is running the latest version. I then put the 5600X and GPU back into the system (thinking maybe just needed reseating) and it continued to do the same thing. I then swapped the 2 sticks of Corsair RAM for a single 8gb stick of Crucial ram at 2666mhz, same issue. If I remove the GPU (try to post without a display at all, not sure if this is even allowed on a chip without an iGPU), the issue still persists in the same manner. I attempted to clear the CMOS with the 5600X installed by turning it off and holding a screwdriver to the CMOS clear jumpers for 3 seconds, however, it hasn't seemed to do anything either.

The only thing I am changing from the previous system to this one is the motherboard. All other components were known working (not to say I haven't killed anything while swapping the boards, though I don't think so). Anyone got any ideas? Trying not to keep swapping the CPU in and out to prevent using a ton of thermal paste.

Specs:

• Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
  • ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 X570
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360L V2 ARGB
  • 2x16GB Corsair Vengance Pro RGB 3600mhz
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING
  • Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe SSD
  • Crucial MX500 2TB SATA SSD
  • Cooler Master MWE Bronze 450W

Cheers,

Dark_Llama

Edit - Taken motherboard back to retailer, they said they will test it and see what the issue is.

Edited by Dark_Llama

8 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Does the 5600x work on the b450m-a?

Yep, was all working prior to swap. Only thing thats change is mobo, but the thing that is confusing me is that it posts with the 3200G so not a dead motherboard outright.

1 minute ago, MLConian said:

Any beep codes coming up?

I don't know if the board has a beeper, but the post lights are on for CPU and Memory and off for VGA and Boot

That would incidate a problem with either CPU or RAM, as they go off once the error is cleared. Are you sure there are no bent pins on the CPU, or dirt in the RAM slots? RAM is seated in the correct slots?

3 minutes ago, MLConian said:

That would incidate a problem with either CPU or RAM, as they go off once the error is cleared. Are you sure there are no bent pins on the CPU, or dirt in the RAM slots? RAM is seated in the correct slots?

Reseated CPU again now, same issue. Tried different RAM sticks, haven't tried different slots but again it boots with the other CPU. Maybe will try that now.

Update: Tried all components back in origional motherboard, 5600X still works so haven't broken it yet which is good!

Did a BIOS upgrade (to the same version though? Was already at latest), still didn't work. Kinda at a loss here, don't know what other troubleshooting steps to go through...