Is amazon warehouse a reputable place to buy CPUs?

MrAxe

Upgrading from a 3rd gen r3 to a 5th gen r5, the listing has condition as "Item comes in original packaging, packaging damaged."

Its 20% cheaper and arrives next day vs four days with the new on e.

System Specs: Ryzen 5 5500 (Themralright Assassin X) // Asus A520m-K // Vengeance 2x8GB 3200Mhz Ram // Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600 XT // Gigabyte P650B 650w // WD Blue Sn550 500GB Nvme // CX500 2TB  // CiY Tester84 (Outemu Orange) // Razer Mamba Wireless // Gamemax Trooper Case

If there's something wrong with it just return it. Amazon will let you return stuff for basically any reason. That's where a lot of Warehouse stuff comes from. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I've had 0 issues with Amazon warehouse deals.

My last purchase was the G9 Neo, it stated "minor defects on bezel".  I figured for the price (was $700 cheaper than "new") it was worth a gamble.

It was in perfect condition, still had the plastic on the bezel.  Not sure what they saw as a defect...

Desktop: Intel i7-13700K / Asus ROG Strix  z690-e / Nvidia 4080 FE / 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator / 2TB  WD SN850x  / 48" Lg C2 & 27" Asus ProArt

Plex Server: Dell OptiPlex 7010 /  i7-13700 /  32GB DDR5 / 1TB Samsung  990 Pro / Ubuntu

Laptop: M2 Macbook Air / 8G ram / 8core CPU / 10core GPU / 512GB SSD

NAS: Synology 1821+ , 2x Synology RS819 = 200TB 

13 minutes ago, MonkeyBomb said:

I've had 0 issues with Amazon warehouse deals.

My last purchase was the G9 Neo, it stated "minor defects on bezel".  I figured for the price (was $700 cheaper than "new") it was worth a gamble.

It was in perfect condition, still had the plastic on the bezel.  Not sure what they saw as a defect...

Likely minor scratches or dog-earing on the box. Most anything can constitute damaged packaging or open box these days...

That said, while I'm unsure if "Amazon Warehouse" is different than a typical order from the Amazon site or app, I have had relatively minor issues with the parts I've gotten from them. Out of about $3,000 of PC parts ordered through the website or app in the past year, only one kit of RAM has been a problem, and that was purely due to not consulting the QVL for the motherboard I purchased.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

10 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

I buy from warehouse deals all the time, had two faulty parts so far, simple no hassle return for both.

same here.

1 was dead ram and other was  was a funko. that got broken in transit.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

warehouse is almost all returns like others suggested.
You should keep in mind that what you are buying, someone already bought, couldnt figure out how to use it properly, and then jammed it back in the box and sent it back. 
For stuff you cant really mess up or lose parts from its fine but something like a PGA cpu it's a fairly high chance it is because they failed to install it properly and bent some pins or something. I think you should be able to return it still if this is the case as sold/shipped from amazon stuff doesnt have the strictest return policy.
I dont really think you have anything to lose by trying aside from a day or two of waiting for the parcel

12 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

warehouse is almost all returns like others suggested.
You should keep in mind that what you are buying, someone already bought, couldnt figure out how to use it properly, and then jammed it back in the box and sent it back. 
For stuff you cant really mess up or lose parts from its fine but something like a PGA cpu it's a fairly high chance it is because they failed to install it properly and bent some pins or something. I think you should be able to return it still if this is the case as sold/shipped from amazon stuff doesnt have the strictest return policy.
I dont really think you have anything to lose by trying aside from a day or two of waiting for the parcel

They have 12 in stock with the same description. Gonna assume maybe the box is a little bashed or slashed by a careless worker opening the box with a box knife. 

System Specs: Ryzen 5 5500 (Themralright Assassin X) // Asus A520m-K // Vengeance 2x8GB 3200Mhz Ram // Gigabyte Eagle RX 6600 XT // Gigabyte P650B 650w // WD Blue Sn550 500GB Nvme // CX500 2TB  // CiY Tester84 (Outemu Orange) // Razer Mamba Wireless // Gamemax Trooper Case

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

If there's something wrong with it just return it. Amazon will let you return stuff for basically any reason. That's where a lot of Warehouse stuff comes from. 

They have 12 in stock with the same description. Gonna assume maybe the box is a little bashed or slashed by a careless worker opening the box with a box knife and just skimmed it. 

49 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Likely minor scratches or dog-earing on the box. Most anything can constitute damaged packaging or open box these days...

That said, while I'm unsure if "Amazon Warehouse" is different than a typical order from the Amazon site or app, I have had relatively minor issues with the parts I've gotten from them. Out of about $3,000 of PC parts ordered through the website or app in the past year, only one kit of RAM has been a problem, and that was purely due to not consulting the QVL for the motherboard I purchased.

They have 12 in stock with the same description. Gonna assume maybe the box is a little bashed or slashed by a careless worker opening the box with a box knife and just skimmed it. 

Yeah,  I buy alot of ebay refurb stuff. Just saves money. 

38 minutes ago, Tom_Bombadil said:

Yeah,  I buy alot of ebay refurb stuff. Just saves money. 

i would go for it, worse case scenario is less than a week turnaround to exchange for another, or refund. do you have a link to the cpu?

1 hour ago, bmx6454 said:

i would go for it, worse case scenario is less than a week turnaround to exchange for another, or refund. do you have a link to the cpu?

It doesn't let me do it on the all, it's just uk amazon r5 5500 selling for 118 new and 101 like new. But new was unavailable for me. 

3 hours ago, Tom_Bombadil said:

It doesn't let me do it on the all, it's just uk amazon r5 5500 selling for 118 new and 101 like new. But new was unavailable for me. 

The R5 5500 is terrible by the way. Better off stretching a bit more for a 5600/X.

1 hour ago, lee32uk said:

The R5 5500 is terrible by the way. Better off stretching a bit more for a 5600/X.

It's twice the price almost 

12 hours ago, Tom_Bombadil said:

It's twice the price almost 

How much is the 5500 ? as you can get the 5600 for £149.99 off Amazon. 

Just to show you how bad the 5500 is:

On 9/7/2022 at 11:28 AM, lee32uk said:

How much is the 5500 ? as you can get the 5600 for £149.99 off Amazon. 

Just to show you how bad the 5500 is:

£101 but it was 165 last time ic checked.