Question Can I fit a GPU in my HP Compaq 4000 Pro (SFF)?

Go to solution Solved by An0maly_76,
1 minute ago, Kazuff said:

So all I need to do is buy the GPU and a half height bracket, And then it will fit?

Yep. And most new ones include the bracket... Like this one...

https://www.amazon.com/GeForce-730-Graphic-Card-Low-Profile/dp/B06X92G36L

5 minutes ago, Kazuff said:

It's main GPU is NVIDIA NVS 300, Which is the same size as a GT610 and fit into the PCIe 16x slot.

Same size but the gt610 is double the power.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Same size but the gt610 is double the power.

I know If the only thing the GT610 needs to work is a low profile bracket, Then I can buy one pretty easily.

I don't understand, I saw several people use it with the GT610 + The case can be taken off pretty easily.

The panel can be taken off but the pcie slots on the back are NOT adjustable. They are half height and half height only so you need a half height card with a half height bracket.

21 minutes ago, Kazuff said:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

The card itself is, the expansion slot cover bracket is not. A low-profile would move the top output port to be more inline with the top edge of the card for height restrictions, or eliminate it altogether. Most brackets are swappable, attaching to the circuit board using screws and nuts. Just be careful not to overtorque them and scratch or crack the board if it has to be swapped. It's easier than you think.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

The panel can be taken off but the pcie slots on the back are NOT adjustable. They are half height and half height only so you need a half height card with a half height bracket.

The GT610 is half height, I can buy a half height bracket too, ??

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

The card itself is, the expansion slot cover bracket is not. A low-profile would move the top output port to be more inline with the top edge of the card for height restrictions, or eliminate it altogether. Most brackets are swappable, attaching to the circuit board using screws and nuts. Just be careful not to overtorque them and scratch or crack the board if it has to be swapped. It's easier than you think.

So all I need to do is buy the GPU and a half height bracket, And then it will fit?

Yep. And most new ones include the bracket... Like this one...

https://www.amazon.com/GeForce-730-Graphic-Card-Low-Profile/dp/B06X92G36L

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Just now, Kazuff said:

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know!

To help you understand what's necessary -- the blue circles indicate studs securing the ports to the expansion slot bracket, the black circles indicate possible locations for screws and nuts holding the bracket to the board.

image.thumb.png.b2d84c1835fe7fc400963c99c166af72.png

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

5 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

To help you understand what's necessary -- the blue circles indicate studs securing the ports to the expansion slot bracket, the black circles indicate possible locations for screws and nuts holding the bracket to the board.

image.thumb.png.b2d84c1835fe7fc400963c99c166af72.png

I also noticed my PC's back panel can be taken off completely, So if I took the back panel out and added the GPU without the Low Profile Bracket, Will it work/fit?

3 hours ago, Kazuff said:

I also noticed my PC's back panel can be taken off completely, So if I took the back panel out and added the GPU without the Low Profile Bracket, Will it work/fit?

The back metal isnt supposed to come off. What part are you talking about?

3 hours ago, Kazuff said:

A picture of the back panel would help you better explain what you're talking about, but you really don't want to do that, because it will invite more dust into the case.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

19 hours ago, jaslion said:

The back metal isnt supposed to come off. What part are you talking about?

It can..

5 minutes ago, Kazuff said:

It can..

Can you show? Im confused now the whole back is not supposed to come off. The pcie covers sure that can but everything else not