NFS Payback doesn't launch at all

BravoCharlie

Just bought this game today because of a sale, and I tried solving my issue by myself, now it's probably not gonna be eligible to be refunded so I might as well continue to search for fixes. My NFS Payback doesn't launch at all, searched for possible fixes, but none worked.

What system did you use to buy need for speed payback??

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

13 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

What system did you use to buy need for speed payback??

320-14AST Laptop (ideapad) - Type 80XU

AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics

AMD A6-9220 RADEON R4, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

6 minutes ago, BravoCharlie said:

320-14AST Laptop (ideapad) - Type 80XU

AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics

AMD A6-9220 RADEON R4, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Sorry. “what download service” would have been a better phrase.  That could still be useful though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

52 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Sorry. “what download service” would have been a better phrase.  That could still be useful though.

I bought the game through Steam

IMG_20220902_181129.jpg

Edited by BravoCharlie
Added proof of purchase

6 minutes ago, BravoCharlie said:

I bought the game through Steam

IMG_20220902_181129.jpg

That is quite unusual then.  I have had problems with the epic games store in the past.  Was it steam all the way down? Or did it effectively transfer you to a different system?  There are some games that do that.

39 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That is quite unusual then.  I have had problems with the epic games store in the past.  Was it steam all the way down? Or did it effectively transfer you to a different system?  There are some games that do that.

It does attempt to launch origin, but nothing happens after that, I also checked task manager and it actually shows the game is running but not showing, then it ends shortly after.

51 minutes ago, BravoCharlie said:

It does attempt to launch origin, but nothing happens after that, I also checked task manager and it actually shows the game is running but not showing, then it ends shortly after.

Sounds like it’s a rather traditional origin problem.  I’ve got two copies of mass effect 2 on origin gamestore I have never played because their software was such a POS.  It literally couldn’t connect me.  As a rule I never play games that go through the origin store.  I was tricked into it recently with mass effect complete which I bought on steam just as you did, but for some reason that time it functioned.  One requirement with origin stuff I think is you have to follow the instructions they give you absolutely exactly.  And even then it sometimes doesn’t work.  IMHO origin set fire to their building when they launched the origin store.  It doesn’t matter if their games are good or not if they don’t work. 

11 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Sounds like it’s a rather traditional origin problem.  I’ve got two copies of mass effect 2 on origin gamestore I have never played because their software was such a POS.  It literally couldn’t connect me.  As a rule I never play games that go through the origin store.  I was tricked into it recently with mass effect complete which I bought on steam just as you did, but for some reason that time it functioned.  One requirement with origin stuff I think is you have to follow the instructions they give you absolutely exactly.  And even then it sometimes doesn’t work.  IMHO origin set fire to their building when they launched the origin store.  It doesn’t matter if their games are good or not if they don’t work. 

True, Origin Store is a huge f up 

On 9/2/2022 at 7:49 PM, Bombastinator said:

Also, the hilarious thing is, I have BF3 Premium, and it runs perfectly fine, well, in terms of actual gameplay, it's laggy, but it launches and runs with no problems at all.

5 minutes ago, BravoCharlie said:

Also, the hilarious thing is, I have BF3 Premium, and it runs perfectly fine, well, in terms of actual gameplay, it's laggy, but it launches and runs with no problems at all.

I can play bf3 at 1080p@60 with a 4770k and an rx580. Haven’t seen any lag.  A bit in tiny Tina though.