Pci-e on a rtx3090 asus rog Strix oc

Hello. Do i realt need to have 3 pci-e cables in my rtx3090 asus Strix oc. Or can i use 2 pci-e cables and 3 8pins. Thats 500w. My power supply only had 2 pci-e cables, and can i order one more psu that is just the same and use one of thats pci-e cables if i realt need 3 pci-e? 

Powersuply i have now is a Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold. 

i guess i cant use 2 psu in one pc so many i gang use the cable from the second psu in the first? Do i make sense?

If you have a extra cable that is compatible with the V850 you're fine. I wouldn't recommend running the graphics card with only 2 PCIe power cables.

Other than that the only thing I can mention is that 850W is right on the edge of what I would consider "good enough" for a PSU that is powering a RTX 3090. If you experince sudden shutdown without warning, it might be because you are tripping the OCP in the PSU. This can only be fixed by getting a more powerful PSU.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your powersupply should have four pcie 6+2 connectors according to their specifications. If you lost the cables that came with it you should be able to order the replacements from the company.

V850 SFX Gold 850W Full-Modular 80 Plus Gold SFX Power Supply | Cooler Master

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

1 minute ago, TylerD321 said:

Your powersupply should have four pcie 6+2 connectors according to their specifications. If you lost the cables that came with it you should be able to order the replacements from the company.

V850 SFX Gold 850W Full-Modular 80 Plus Gold SFX Power Supply | Cooler Master

As far as I can tell, the PSU in question only comes with 2 PCIe powercalbes with 1 6+2 connector at the end. So the best solution would be to buy another cable.

I found these cable on Cooler Masters store, but I am unaware of which is the correct one for the V850 SFX (don't know if it uses type 1 or type 2 cables):
https://store.coolermaster.com/eu/pci-e-8-pin-to-2x62-pin-modularflat-cablemodel-1

https://store.coolermaster.com/eu/pci-e-8-pin-to-2x62-pin-modularflat-cablemodel-2

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

As far as I can tell, the PSU in question only comes with 2 PCIe powercalbes with 1 6+2 connector at the end. So the best solution would be to buy another cable.

I found these cable on Cooler Masters store, but I am unaware of which is the correct one for the V850 SFX (don't know if it uses type 1 or type 2 cables):
https://store.coolermaster.com/eu/pci-e-8-pin-to-2x62-pin-modularflat-cablemodel-1

https://store.coolermaster.com/eu/pci-e-8-pin-to-2x62-pin-modularflat-cablemodel-2

Thank you all for your answers. I was sleeping. I have now idea of its a type 1 or a type 2. Maybe it si written in the manual. If i dont find anything there, i will buy one more Cooler Master V850 SFX and use one cable from that. So glad i dont have to buy a new case