Will This PSU Work

Sparky862
8 minutes ago, Sparky862 said:

I am asking if the connectors would be enough for the system?

yes

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

You could get away with a 600w PSU, even with your planned upgrades. Even a 500w would do the job to be honest. futureproofing is a good idea though, so long as you can see yourself making the use of more powerful components in the next few years. 

DevOps Engineer working with Azure primarily, Kubernetes evangelist, Born at a very young age, eats things from the microwave, Ultrawide nerd. 

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

yes

And the PSU does support my current Mobo?

10 minutes ago, KeyringHardhat said:

You could get away with a 600w PSU, even with your planned upgrades. Even a 500w would do the job to be honest. futureproofing is a good idea though, so long as you can see yourself making the use of more powerful components in the next few years. 

So I use this website called pcpartpicker. Here is my list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

It says I need a total of 466watt .... so to give myself overhead, I took 466x1.5=700watt.

So a 700watt would be enough ..... I just went 850watt for futur proof.

What is your idea? Think I am wasting my dollars on spending more than needed? I used a Tier List for PSU on this website. My PSU is a E tier rated because it is a 620watt NeoEco almost 9+ years back. So I am due to upgrade my PSU with the new RTX 3060 TI. Don't want a spontanious combustion or explotion

2 minutes ago, Sparky862 said:

So I use this website called pcpartpicker. Here is my list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

It says I need a total of 466watt .... so to give myself overhead, I took 466x1.5=700watt.

So a 700watt would be enough ..... I just went 850watt for futur proof.

What is your idea? Think I am wasting my dollars on spending more than needed? I used a Tier List for PSU on this website. My PSU is a E tier rated because it is a 620watt NeoEco almost 9+ years back. So I am due to upgrade my PSU with the new RTX 3060 TI. Don't want a spontanious combustion or explotion

Obviously in the list I did not add my x5 fans and peripherals and such so I would assume the average wattage is more. 

You're good with 850W, it's a sensible decision based on components and overhead for any additional upgrades you may do in the next few years. 

DevOps Engineer working with Azure primarily, Kubernetes evangelist, Born at a very young age, eats things from the microwave, Ultrawide nerd. 

4 minutes ago, KeyringHardhat said:

You're good with 850W, it's a sensible decision based on components and overhead for any additional upgrades you may do in the next few years. 

Just to make sure I am using the list correctly. That particular PSU does fall under the B tier right? Would you reccomend it or get something better?

From looking at some reviews, it seems like a nice and efficient, silent modular PSU. Unsure what you mean by A tier. I certainly wouldn't have much to complain about. 

Just now, KeyringHardhat said:

From looking at some reviews, it seems like a nice and efficient, silent modular PSU. Unsure what you mean by A tier. I certainly wouldn't have much to complain about. 

I am making use of this list here which is updated by Community I think or Linus Devs not sure

Searching for that PSU gives it a B Tier and possible Coil Wine?

That's a community driven list, from what I can find independently, the PSU you have chosen will be great for your use case. 

2 minutes ago, KeyringHardhat said:

That's a community driven list, from what I can find independently, the PSU you have chosen will be great for your use case. 

Cool. Then I will let that PSU ship with my 3060 TI as I was referred to that it is never a good idea to even consider the 3060 12GB given other cheaper and better performing cards out there in the same FPS range.

Then again, I am upgrading from a GTX 1070 8GB, so even a RTX 3060 12GB would've been a substantial upgrade.

33 minutes ago, Sparky862 said:

And the PSU does support my current Mobo?

It's a standard ATX power supply, anything that didn't come out a proprietary desktop like a HP or Dell office PC is fine.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

45 minutes ago, Sparky862 said:

Cool. Then I will let that PSU ship with my 3060 TI as I was referred to that it is never a good idea to even consider the 3060 12GB given other cheaper and better performing cards out there in the same FPS range.

Then again, I am upgrading from a GTX 1070 8GB, so even a RTX 3060 12GB would've been a substantial upgrade.

You don't need 850w for a 3060. Better spend your money on https://www.takealot.com/msi-mpg-a750w-gold-rated-modular-atx-psu/PLID90070006 because it's better and cheaper. 750w is plenty too.

1 hour ago, Sparky862 said:

But is it a good PSU? Compared to what I wanted to get?

It's a better PSU than MWE Gold V2.

20 hours ago, --SID-- said:

It's a better PSU than MWE Gold V2.

In what terms? People say that the MSI PSU is extremely loud, fan curve is always 100% and it appears to have a little whining noise and have extremely weird Amp spikes? Or am I missing something else?

2 hours ago, Sparky862 said:

In what terms? People say that the MSI PSU is extremely loud, fan curve is always 100% and it appears to have a little whining noise and have extremely weird Amp spikes? Or am I missing something else?

I have a 850W MSI in my NAS. I don't hear it over two Quadro M4000 blowers and 2 Noctua U9DXi coolers. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

4 hours ago, Sparky862 said:

In what terms?

Better platform, better performance, better protections, better quality.

People say that the MSI PSU is extremely loud, fan curve is always 100% and it appears to have a little whining noise and have extremely weird Amp spikes?

Must be a faulty unit. And what do you mean with 'weird amp spikes'?

Or am I missing something else?

Definitely, yes. Take a look at the testreport of the Cooler Master and the MSI.