The big question : GeForce 780 Family

So we've ruled out the Titan and the TI on this forum, but there are people, like me, that are still going for that single 780.

Now there is quite a variaty to them, so I ask, beg, for YOUR fully opinion based or fact based reason why (if provided the budget for the most expensive one) you would go for your choice.

FYI: I'm not going to water cool it. I'm getting a NOCTUA NH14S

780 ti will give good for the money performance upgrade than a 780 if you are not planning to SLI. Titan is useless, just a 780 with things for professionals and extra vram, and a 780 6gb vram is coming out. NEVER EVER get a titan, atleast get a titan black, cheaper and better.

So we've ruled out the Titan and the TI on this forum, but there are people, like me, that are still going for that single 780.

Now there is quite a variaty to them, so I ask, beg, for YOUR fully opinion based or fact based reason why (if provided the budget for the most expensive one) you would go for your choice.

This one

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-ROG-POSEIDON-GTX780-P-3GD5-Graphics-Card/dp/B00IMVYJR4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1398618986&sr=8-3&keywords=asus+780

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I would go for any produced by EVGA. Top of the line products top of the line support too. I wish i had enough money to get an EVGA card, however i have a Gigabyte Windforce so i can't complain. 

The exact card i would get is this: EVGA GTX 780 SC W/ACX Cooler 6GB 

6GB because it's like cut down titan that's actually worth the price. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I honestly do not like that card. If you're going to do something do it right. Like ASUS did a crappy air cooler and water block on that. Nothing was done right by them on this card. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

-MSI: Silent opperation

-Asus: fairly allround cooler, from my experiences pretty horrible support

-evga: good cooler, exceptionally good warrenty when you live in the USA, 

-Gigabyte: silent cooler, good cooling

i think those are the big 4 companies

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I would go for any produced by EVGA. Top of the line products top of the line support too. I wish i had enough money to get an EVGA card, however i have a Gigabyte Windforce so i can't complain. 

The exact card i would get is this: EVGA GTX 780 SC W/ACX Cooler 6GB 

6GB because it's like cut down titan that's actually worth the price. 

nope, once you go to a high enough resolution for the 6GB to matter your GPU core cant keep up and will be bottlenecking the system... 

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Jesus Christ, I've just refreshed this and look at all this thought-food!

Deffinatly came to the right forum.

I'm currently going for the Gigabyte because of the cooling system on it.

nope, once you go to a high enough resolution for the 6GB to matter your GPU core cant keep up and will be bottlenecking the system... 

The GTX 780 is a GK110 core, not a GK104 it can easily use 6GB of VRAM. 

OP i have one. I like it a lot. 

OP i have one. I like it a lot. 

Is it future proof, or do you think i should go EVGA and get those 6 GB's?

The GTX 780 is a GK110 core, not a GK104 it can easily use 6GB of VRAM. 

your logic would mean that the core family > the amount of cuda cores... the core family really only says what the max amount of cuda cores it can use, nothing more, nothing less

Is it future proof, or do you think i should go EVGA and get those 6 GB's?

Nope, its not worth it, at all

Nope, its not worth it, at all

Oh it's really not worth it. However OP said if i had the money. I would go with it. I don't however hence i have a 780 3GB Windforce OC 3X450W. 

I mean, in terms of 'mad baller', I don't think you can beat EVGA Classified.

In terms of practicality, ASUS DirectCU II or EVGA ACX (any varient)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

MSI lightning Edition Master race reporting in!

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Titan series are for those who use their GPUs for both work & gaming. If you want video card for gaming only, just get 780. It's best for price/performance right now.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I'm looking at GPU's to get too, and really, I'll be going for whichever is cheapest between EVGA, Gigabyte, Asus or MSI on the day I make the purchase. There's really very little separating them and that's why they are all very popular.

I'm looking at GPU's to get too, and really, I'll be going for whichever is cheapest between EVGA, Gigabyte, Asus or MSI on the day I make the purchase. There's really very little separating them and that's why they are all very popular.

The cheapest, in my area, would be the MSI.

I'm going for the Gigabyte out of personal experience with MSI products...