BeamNG.Drive as possible new benchmark

First off, not sure if this is the proper thread to post this in, but, I have a game I play that I personally find a lot of fun and I'm not sure, (proper testing resuired as the only systems I've ever had are fx-8350 (whatever had a base clock of 4 GHz) and ryzen 5 3600 @ stock both with 1070 TI at 1800 GHz core and I forget what ram clock and DDR3 1600 and DDR4 3200 MT/s respectively per cpu) but BeamNG.Drive has what they call "Bannana Bench" and it looks like beam as I'll call the game from here on scales infinitely per core/thread. Would love to see that used as a type of physics benchmark and maybe even work with the community and devs a little to get it to be a proper benchmark tool since the devs (being a small team as I've seen) are really open, really just wanted to post this as I love both the game and modding community around it, and play it a ton.

Sorry in advance for messed up wording and whatever my phone autocorrect stuff to, I'm slightly drunk.

~Alex Thorin

1 minute ago, AlexThorin said:

First off, not sure if this is the proper thread to post this in, but, I have a game I play that I personally find a lot of fun and I'm not sure, (proper testing resuired as the only systems I've ever had are fx-8350 (whatever had a base clock of 4 GHz) and ryzen 5 3600 @ stock both with 1070 TI at 1800 GHz core and I forget what ram clock and DDR3 1600 and DDR4 3200 MT/s respectively per cpu) but BeamNG.Drive has what they call "Bannana Bench" and it looks like beam as I'll call the game from here on scales infinitely per core/thread. Would love to see that used as a type of physics benchmark and maybe even work with the community and devs a little to get it to be a proper benchmark tool since the devs (being a small team as I've seen) are really open, really just wanted to post this as I love both the game and modding community around it, and play it a ton.

Sorry in advance for messed up wording and whatever my phone autocorrect stuff to, I'm slightly drunk.

~Alex Thorin

yeah seems interesting. Especially since Beam can practically blow up any hardware set if you give it enough cars to crunch through. Should be interesting.

Thing is it's less gpu and seemingly more cpu since there's not even a rendering of the "benchmark". I also don't know the validity of the numbers and haven't tested it enough myself, but it's called "Bannana bench" and that makes it seem like it's supposed to be SOME sort of benchmark. I assume the community can help direct this to the LTT staff as a possibility. Thank you all in advance.

~Alex Thorin❤️

Game itself is demanding GPU wise, but the "Banana bench batch file" that ships with the game I don't think touched the gpu at all. Can't say for sure as I was mostly focused on cpu% and what numbers the bench spit out. I don't mind games looking like crap as long as they're at a high enough fps to be playable. Everyone has their personal pref on playable fps but for me on secondlife it's like, 20 fps, and on other games like beam, doom 2016 and scrap mechanic it's about 40 for not optimal but playable enjoyably. 

Edited by AlexThorin
Fixed typos

I ran it on dedicated graphics 

off my core i7 8700k

at the lowest setting

it struggled a little

im now playing on a gtx 1080 sc

and it runs great 

Edited by Cyberwolf

wd-40 is god there is no other god than wd-40 wd-40 is the solution to all problems