Is a Linus Tech Tips rebrand really necessary?

drdrewnatic
On 8/27/2022 at 1:56 AM, Sarra said:

Personally, I feel that part of the rebrand should include Linus stepping back a bit more, and maybe get some new on-screen talent.

Though... I'd totally watch Luke Tech Tips. Well, as long as he doesn't rant too much about long-overdue hammers and crap.

Plenty of talent, though the main channel is pretty much just Linus and Anthony. I went back a bit, and if I'm correct (double checked, Alex had 1 other a month ago), the last video without either 1, was from Alex over 3 months ago. ShortCircuit has a ton of other presenters, Plouff, Adam, Dan, Sarah, Brandon, Alex, Riley, James and even Yvonne a few months back.

I wouldn't say they would all work on the LTT channel, but some of them surely can. If they were to limit Linus to 2 videos per week + WAN, that leaves 4 videos per week from others, I think that would totally work.

On 8/27/2022 at 2:02 AM, itshurleytime said:

KFC doesn't mean Kentucky Fried Chicken any more, LTT doesn't have to mean Linus Tech Tips either.

In all fairness, how many actually know this? I didn't know this about KFC, and I freaking ate some today. Also I'm from the Netherlands. So yeah.
Don't get me wrong, I know they have been branding as KFC, just not that they aren't called that anymore.

That's fine though, and I think that's why it's actually a good choice for LTT, because like I said before, the old people know it's Linus Tech Tips, and newer people just see them as LTT. Works for both.