Ubuntu 16.04 - Problem with DRM

Hello everyone 馃檪

It's my first post here and my english isn't good, so I hope your eyes will not bleed 馃構

I want to ask you guys about Ubuntu 16.04 and his problems with DRM content. I mean, I want to watch sports, movies etc on providers sites from my country (Poland).

When I enter site and choose one of the channels, it's just don't start and says "DRM - no license given".

I read in internet, that is normal problem for Linux, cuz they (providers) don't support this systems. I don't know it's true.

Is there any chance to fix it? I started using Ubuntu around a one week ago, so i'm totally new.

Good Day Everyone!

Greetings

Ubuntu 16.04 Reached end of life April 30th, 2021. You should really consider upgrading to a new release.

I consume very limited DRM Protected content, but from my experience Firefox will usually prompt to install the DRM dependencies the first time you try to view something that is protected, usually it just works afterwards. For other browser I have no idea.

It can be problematic yes, but the first step to have a chance of this "modern" stuff working is not to use a 6 year old distribution that's obsolete and doesn't get updates anymore.聽

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

update your distro to something that still has support

update your browser to the latest version of some actively developed browser (firefox, chrome/chromium, etc.)

also, how the heck did you end up on ubuntu 16.04 when you got started with linux last week?

My PC (laptop) is very old. Something around 12 years or so. It's Toshiba Satellite A200.

I tried install on him latest Ubuntu or Pop OS 22.04, but in install process, I had a lot of errors which i couldn't fix. Propably bcuz here is x32 processor (core 2 duo) not x64. Also even if it's possible to install this systems, here is only 3GB of RAM, so it will be killers for this hardware 馃槄

Yes, i using Mozilla Firefox. It looks like be newest possible (version 88.0 / 32bits).

OK so, its, propably too old to work... Thank you guys for your time 馃檪

Good Day All!

Greetings

9 minutes ago, UbuntuN00b said:

My PC (laptop) is very old. Something around 12 years or so. It's Toshiba Satellite A200.

I tried install on him latest Ubuntu or Pop OS 22.04, but in install process, I had a lot of errors which i couldn't fix. Propably bcuz here is x32 processor (core 2 duo) not x64. Also even if it's possible to install this systems, here is only 3GB of RAM, so it will be killers for this hardware 馃槄

Yes, i using Mozilla Firefox. It looks like be newest possible (version 88.0 / 32bits).

OK so, its, propably too old to work... Thank you guys for your time 馃檪

Good Day All!

Greetings

core2duo is a 64-bit cpu, give something more lightweight like xubuntu a go.

9 minutes ago, manikyath said:

core2duo is a 64-bit cpu, give something more lightweight like xubuntu a go.

Yes. Seems like without latest possible software it will be unable to try fix my problem.

Good Day All!

Greetings

On 8/19/2022 at 12:26 PM, UbuntuN00b said:

Yes. Seems like without latest possible software it will be unable to try fix my problem.

Good Day All!

Greetings

You don't need the latest and greatest, you just need something that works. What you need is something that's still supported.

13 hours ago, 10leej said:

You don't need the latest and greatest, you just need something that works. What you need is something that's still supported.

Yea, sure. But seems like DRM's are often updated, so in this situation software must be newest possible 馃檪

15 hours ago, UbuntuN00b said:

Yea, sure. But seems like DRM's are often updated, so in this situation software must be newest possible 馃檪

no you just need something thats supported. For example, Firefox's ESR release is still under v100 but you can watch DRM content with it fine.

Finally I dealt with it. I changed distro for Xubuntu 22.04 and DRM's are no longer problem.

Funny thing is that on one of the sites is information. "We don't support Linux systems, so content could be in part or whole unavailable", but still playing perfectly fine 馃檪

I think it end even better than working on previous distro. Xubuntu is better for this hardware. Thanks guys for taking me on good road 馃檪

Good Day All!

Greetings