[US] 55 inch 4k smart tv, 1249 USD

spwath

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Remember when HD TVs cost that much? Oh wait...

But it's not a brand I'd trust. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Why would anyone buy a 4K TV to watch HD on it ?

It still looks alot better than normal HD and I'm sure 4k TV will be a thing soon enough.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

It still looks alot better than normal HD and I'm sure 4k TV will be a thing soon enough.

It's also 30Hz.

Spoiler

I guess.

What TV show other than like GoT is filmed in more than 24 FPS? 

What TV show other than like GoT is filmed in more than 24 FPS? 

LotR movies, amongst others, are filmed at 48 fps.

Spoiler

It's also 30Hz.

You can't tell on tv though..

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

You can't tell on tv though..

Spoiler

I would bet alot of money that if you watched 2 films side by side, one 24fps and one 48fps you wouldn't be able to tell a big difference.

I would bet alot of money that if you watched 2 films side by side, one 24fps and one 48fps you wouldn't be able to tell a big difference.

Depending on movie

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I beg to differ. It's the first thing you notice when seeing the movie. It has the effect of making them (LotR movies) look a lot more realistic than if they were filmed with traditional, as if they were filmed by a crew on the road with the fellowship. It gives a "common videocam" effect. 

In fact most people have noticed it and can't put their finger on what's different from another big picture in terms of how it's filmed. It's more fluid.

People say the human eye can't notice the difference between 60 fps and 120 fps since "the human eye can't see more than 60 fps". Every one who has seen a 120 Hz monitor will tell you they see the difference. Imagine from 24 to 48 fps, in the "human eye range". 

Spoiler

Depending on movie

well the reason you feel such a big difference in games is because you are controlling it yourself, whereas you have no input to how a film moves so the difference wouldn't be that big. I know there would be a difference but not because enough to say "i'm not buying that TV because it runs at 30Hz"

well the reason you feel such a big difference in games is because you are controlling it yourself, whereas you have no input to how a film moves so the difference wouldn't be that big. I know there would be a difference but not because enough to say "i'm not buying that TV because it runs at 30Hz"

I agree with you.

I beg to differ. It's the first thing you notice when seeing the movie. It has the effect of making them (LotR movies) look a lot more realistic than if they were filmed with traditional, as if they were filmed by a crew on the road with the fellowship. It gives a "common videocam" effect. 

In fact most people have noticed it and can't put their finger on what's different from another big picture in terms of how it's filmed. It's more fluid.

People say the human eye can't notice the difference between 60 fps and 120 fps since "the human eye can't see more than 60 fps". Every one who has seen a 120 Hz monitor will tell you they see the difference. Imagine from 24 to 48 fps, in the "human eye range". 

I agree the difference between 60 ans 120 when playing a game is like night and day, but the difference in films isn't because enough for it to stop me from buying a TV IMO. The 4K res is defiantly worth more to me than the frames. 

I agree the difference between 60 ans 120 when playing a game is like night and day, but the difference in films isn't because enough for it to stop me from buying a TV IMO. The 4K res is defiantly worth more to me than the frames. 

Suit yourself.

Personally, I would wait for :

- the new HDMI revision as an available connectivity option;

- 4K content for TV other than upcoming House of cards series on netflix with current bandwith throttling problems;

- Perhaps a gaming console (steam box maybe) with 4K 60Hz support.

Spoiler

Suit yourself.

Personally, I would wait for :

- the new HDMI revision as an available connectivity option;

- 4K content for TV other than upcoming House of cards series on netflix with current bandwith throttling problems;

- Perhaps a gaming console (steam box maybe) with 4K 60Hz support.

yeah fair enough, but if you want to wait for a console to support 4K at 60Hz you'll end up looking like this 45315217.jpg

yeah fair enough, but if you want to wait for a console to support 4K at 60Hz you'll end up looking like this 

I mentioned a steam box, so I would end up looking more like me + 1-2 years.

Spoiler

I mentioned a steam box, so I would end up looking more like me + 1-2 years.

it was a joke...

no it doesnt. It looks worse. . .

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place