New build no display

Preciousmi

I just built a new computer with an MSI z690 Edge ddr4 board a i7 12700 k chip two sticks of Gskill ram  western digital black sn850 500gb in M2_1 a wd black 750 2tb in M2_2. psu is corsair rm 1000i and a EVGA 3080 ftw3.   I'm also using Windows 10 and I have flashed to the most recent bios and when I boot it up the display will not come on and on the motherboard the VGA light is on.   If I use the integrated graphics on the motherboard it boots up but if I try to use the 3080 it won't boot up. If I don't plug in to either GPU the system will still boot up and the way that I know this is because of the fans come on.  They they are lian li fans and set up to use lconnect  I used a different card that I can't remember off the top of my head it's my son's  card and it booted up fine.  I tried to use the 3080 in old computer and it would not display but windows posted because we could hear the windows music. but I'm also not sure if that computer can handle that card I know the power supply is only 750.

Any suggestions? Do i have a bad card? I purchased it from EVGA 

Possible bad card, could possibly be an issue with the BIOS settings for PCI-E. Suggest booting into windows with onboard video and looking at device manager and seeing if GPU shows up with it still being installed in the system and see if it shows a Code 54 (Common fault code for issue with device) If it shows nothing I would reach out to EVGA support and see if they can help you with getting a replacement due to it sounding like a bad card at that point.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Do you use 3 separate 8 pin connectors instead of 2 cable and 1 with one of them being 2 8pins from a single cable?

Are you sure  all the PCIE power cable in properly connected to the PSU? (This happened to me, one of the 8pin cable was not fully inserted on the PSU side, straight refused to turn on)

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

I did use three separate cables and i have reinstalled the cables to the psu and have reseated the card i dunno how many times. I haven't messed with bios yet other than updating it cause im not 100% sure on what to change 

5 hours ago, KingCry said:

Possible bad card, could possibly be an issue with the BIOS settings for PCI-E. Suggest booting into windows with onboard video and looking at device manager and seeing if GPU shows up with it still being installed in the system and see if it shows a Code 54 (Common fault code for issue with device) If it shows nothing I would reach out to EVGA support and see if they can help you with getting a replacement due to it sounding like a bad card at that point.

I have no codes in device manager and when i look under display only the mb graphics driver is there.