Best RAM stress test program for finding errors?

I like OCCT for that personally. But there's a few programs out there everyone has preference to. 

I usually do a combination of Linpack Xtreme, HCI Memtest, and Memtest86, though there are certainly others like Memtest5 that are just as valid a choice as those. All of them have their pros and cons, I've had RAM OCs that passed one and failed another pretty consistently, and it varies which one is which. You can't just rely on one of them to say whether your RAM gives errors or not, you have to test in multiple different programs to know whether it's stable or not. 

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I usually do a combination of Linpack Xtreme, HCI Memtest, and Memtest86, though there are certainly others like Memtest5 that are just as valid a choice as those. All of them have their pros and cons, I've had RAM OCs that passed one and failed another pretty consistently, and it varies which one is which. You can't just rely on one of them to say whether your RAM gives errors or not, you have to test in multiple different programs to know whether it's stable or not. 

I do gaming on top of stress testing cause stress testing = boring AF lol. At least for me, that's where the stability matters even if OCCT throws an error after 1.5 hours. (I don't usually game for that period of time personally, just using it as an example.)

16 minutes ago, Guest 5150 said:

I do gaming on top of stress testing cause stress testing = boring AF lol. At least for me, that's where the stability matters even if OCCT throws an error after 1.5 hours. (I don't usually game for that period of time personally, just using it as an example.)

Oh yeah, stress testing isnt fun, though I also don't like games crashing in the middle of a mission, and that would annoy me more than just letting a stress test go overnight. 

Though it is a good note to add you do want to throw GPU heat into the equation, running Furmark while one of those tests is running will help make sure that you won't be running into temp issues on the memory. 

I use TM5, Linpack Xtreme, OCCT, And of course games..

Stress testing is only fun on new hardware.. so exciting 😜

🤘🏻

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

I normally use Anta Extreme, or Absolute, but I figured I would try this one.

Was shaking out the cobwebs on my 5600X system, I haven't really pushed this ram too much.

TM5.thumb.png.4afd4af2c85ffda19daf1ae4508b157c.png

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's