No luck fixing brothers PC.

Alvis565

Hi everyone, as my last resort ive come here for help or any suggestions. 

So my brother pc that i built stopped powering on. Family argued that the PSU was at fault which i didn't. After changing the PSU i turned out right. Then I ordered a "new" MB which didnt change anything. 

The pc doesnt have any signs of life. It doesnt do anything if I press the power button, the reset or even if i short the power switch pins. Yes the psu has power. 

The problem with the old MB was that yes it didnt boot, but sometimes it did turn on but had no display. Im now thinking that the CPU might be dead. 

MB(current): MSI B75A-G43 

MB(old): ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 

CPU: Intel I5-3330 

GPU: RX570

Ram(various avalible)- 3 differnt sets, each 8gb

PSU(old): Corsair Elite V3 600

PSU(new): Zalman ZM700-LX II

IMG_7277.HEIC

7 minutes ago, Alvis565 said:

Hi everyone, as my last resort ive come here for help or any suggestions. 

So my brother pc that i built stopped powering on. Family argued that the PSU was at fault which i didn't. After changing the PSU i turned out right. Then I ordered a "new" MB which didnt change anything. 

The pc doesnt have any signs of life. It doesnt do anything if I press the power button, the reset or even if i short the power switch pins. Yes the psu has power. 

The problem with the old MB was that yes it didnt boot, but sometimes it did turn on but had no display. Im now thinking that the CPU might be dead. 

MB(current): MSI B75A-G43 

MB(old): ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 

CPU: Intel I5-3330 

GPU: RX570

Ram(various avalible)- 3 differnt sets, each 8gb

PSU(old): Corsair Elite V3 600

PSU(new): Zalman ZM700-LX II

IMG_7277.HEIC 1.76 MB · 1 download

What HDD /SSD is in the system? Try removing all drives. Also your picture is in a weird format, maybe consider uploading in jpg, png. Are you sure you connected the power button correct? Also just a note, you cant short power pins with the connector attached. Check ram is in slot A2 and B2.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

11 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Also your picture is in a weird format, maybe consider uploading in jpg, png.

It seems to be an Apple "thing", HEIC format, however GIMP opens it and you can convert it to a jpg that way. I did but only to find out if it was possible.

As for disks, there are 3 HDs and maybe an SSD sitting above them. The PSU in the picture is a ZM700-LX. There are 4 RAM cards sitting on the table beside the computer, two are FURY.

Yeah sorry about the image, its form an iphone. 

As for the hdds, i unplugged them all and still no luck. As for the ram, also changed the slots with no luck. 

Try shorting pins on mobo, if doesnt work try every component on other pc if you can.

If the PC has powered on with no picture, it may be a problem with the GPU, try using the video output from the motherboard. Being an older system, you could try removing the CPU and reseating it. I would also recommend removing all the ram and trying it one stick at a time. If you have some that are compatible from another system, try that too. I once had a problem where lightning knocked out the power, and all of my ram, but the rest of the system was fine. Hope that helps, good luck.

First of all put ram in slot 2 and 4. JFP1 is for power and reset button

image.png.a3e92e8b00a5bfaf4eb54310e5563daa.png

image.png.ed1bbf3ea17d8b6ba43d82601f0b99bd.png

image.png.a0d0f06d33b5c739a50c9a82fdc18bd2.png

Manual: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B75A-G43/support#manual

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Omg i was a f... moron, thank for yall help, i had the front panel connectors plugged into the USB.... jesus