Case advice

Dethanu

I'm looking for a MicroATX case that I can put a new system but I really don't want to spend a lot of money on it. Any old matx case suggestions that I can shop around used?

Check local listings, Craigslist and Facebook marketplace or whatever your local equivalent is.

A lot of the cost of buying a case online is really just shipping, they’re big empty boxes and cost a lot to ship. I would suggest all those old rosewill matx cases that used to be 25$ on Newegg but now they’re all 50$ plus

Not sure there's something to save on an old used case for $25 with $25+ shipping vs a new budget one that will cost $50 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

I understand that shipping is the main problem with cases but here in East Europe at least locally shipping costs around 8$. The main purpose of the matx case is that I'll be traveling around the country and I don't want a drag fulltower with me. Are there any old designs that are in matx form or just a small old case will do?

18 hours ago, Dethanu said:

I'm looking for a MicroATX case that I can put a new system but I really don't want to spend a lot of money on it. Any old matx case suggestions that I can shop around used?

What is your budget?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

What is your budget?

Around 50-60 bucks

3 minutes ago, Dethanu said:

Around 50-60 bucks

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#t=5,7,6,8&X=0,6061  Heres a PCPartPicker filtered list shopping in Germany (there's a few euro countries on the site but Germany seems to typically have the best case selection)

You can sort further by PSU size, CPU tower height / RAD size, and number of drives. In order to filer by Max GPU length you'd need to add the GPU to your "build". 

You haven't mentioned what parts you're using so I cant offer any more specific cases yet. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#t=5,7,6,8&X=0,6061  Heres a PCPartPicker filtered list shopping in Germany (there's a few euro countries on the site but Germany seems to typically have the best case selection)

You can sort further by PSU size, CPU tower height / RAD size, and number of drives. In order to filer by Max GPU length you'd need to add the GPU to your "build". 

You haven't mentioned what parts you're using so I cant offer any more specific cases yet. 

I'll be using it for a i3-12100F with a GTX 1050ti and a seasonic SII

27 minutes ago, Dethanu said:

I'll be using it for a i3-12100F with a GTX 1050ti and a seasonic SII

Ah, then I'd say you have no physical restriction you'd need to adhere to. The MATREXX 30 or 40, Tecware Forge M, KOLINK Citadel Mesh, Silverstone FARA H1M, or anything similar would do just fine.