Portable keyboard/mouse combo with at least one USB port for accessing terminals at work?

eskamobob1

Hey Guys,

Looking for something I thought would be easy to find but am comming up blank. I'm installing a new machine at work that runs windows 10 but utilizes a touch screen interface. Problem is, there is only a single spare USB port on the unit and I need a mouse, keyboard, and thumbdrive. Ive been using a fullsize keyboard + mouse, USB hub, and thumb drive, but I have to walk across the entire plant with the setup every time I want to use it since I dont have room to store it at the machine. Any ideas of something that can do this and fit inside a backpack in a single case? Idealy it would be small enough to fit inside like a cargo pocket size pocket (the one on my smock). I've been given a budget of $150. 

-esk

6 minutes ago, eskamobob1 said:

Hey Guys,

Looking for something I thought would be easy to find but am comming up blank. I'm installing a new machine at work that runs windows 10 but utilizes a touch screen interface. Problem is, there is only a single spare USB port on the unit and I need a mouse, keyboard, and thumbdrive. Ive been using a fullsize keyboard + mouse, USB hub, and thumb drive, but I have to walk across the entire plant with the setup every time I want to use it since I dont have room to store it at the machine. Any ideas of something that can do this and fit inside a backpack in a single case? Idealy it would be small enough to fit inside like a cargo pocket size pocket (the one on my smock). I've been given a budget of $150. 

-esk

Uuuh that's unfortunate 🙂

You could get a cheap small kb with trackball like that : https://www.amazon.com/Adesso-AKB-310UB-Mini-Trackball-Keyboard/dp/B002DV99V0/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=keyboard+with+trackball&qid=1660501672&sr=8-8

Or a small kb and a mouse both using BT (supposing your thing has BT ?)

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

48 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Uuuh that's unfortunate 🙂

You could get a cheap small kb with trackball like that : https://www.amazon.com/Adesso-AKB-310UB-Mini-Trackball-Keyboard/dp/B002DV99V0/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=keyboard+with+trackball&qid=1660501672&sr=8-8

Or a small kb and a mouse both using BT (supposing your thing has BT ?)

So Ive found a number of options like this/with a track pad that will 100% work (I realy just need basic functionality for 30 min at a time) but I am finding it impossible to find one with a usb port on it. I realize I can get a mini-USB hub and do that but I figured I would see if someone here knew some keyword I was missing to find the product I want before I resigned myself to that.

24 minutes ago, eskamobob1 said:

So Ive found a number of options like this/with a track pad that will 100% work (I realy just need basic functionality for 30 min at a time) but I am finding it impossible to find one with a usb port on it. I realize I can get a mini-USB hub and do that but I figured I would see if someone here knew some keyword I was missing to find the product I want before I resigned myself to that.

Those all are USB, I don't get your point ??

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

56 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Those all are USB, I don't get your point ??

I need the combo to have a USB port on it that I can plug a thumb drive into. The terminal I'm using only has a single free USB slot to use

3 hours ago, eskamobob1 said:

I need the combo to have a USB port on it that I can plug a thumb drive into. The terminal I'm using only has a single free USB slot to use

Unless you can use BT you need a small USB hub then indeed